Thread: Can not get ATO to work properly

New User

Can not get ATO to work properly

I have a new Apex that is programed and controlled through fusion. I have the Apex ATK set up and used the tasks wizard to set it up. I have the two optical switches set up and they show open and closed correctly. I have two FMM modules but have confirmed that the ATO is programmed to the correct (FMM2) one. I have the FMM2 plugged into power and programmed to be ON Always which it is. When I put the ATO in the "AUTO" position and the switches change state to "CLOSED" it does not switch to "ON". It just stays in the "AUTO" status no matter what? If I manually switch it to "ON" the ATO runs until I manually switch it to "OFF" or "AUTO". This is how the ATO is programmed:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATOLow OPEN Then ON
    If ATOHi CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I have run out of ideas on what to do here. Anyone got any ideas or have the same issue?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pthomas View Post
    I have a new Apex that is programed and controlled through fusion. I have the Apex ATK set up and used the tasks wizard to set it up. I have the two optical switches set up and they show open and closed correctly. I have two FMM modules but have confirmed that the ATO is programmed to the correct (FMM2) one. I have the FMM2 plugged into power and programmed to be ON Always which it is. When I put the ATO in the "AUTO" position and the switches change state to "CLOSED" it does not switch to "ON". It just stays in the "AUTO" status no matter what? If I manually switch it to "ON" the ATO runs until I manually switch it to "OFF" or "AUTO". This is how the ATO is programmed:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATOLow OPEN Then ON
    If ATOHi CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I have run out of ideas on what to do here. Anyone got any ideas or have the same issue?
    When you have an output set to AUTO, it will stay in that position and Apex will apply power or turn off power according to your programming code. It will not move the slider to the "ON" position when the program powers on the outlet. Instead, you can see the current state of the output just above the slider (it will say On or Off). You can also enable Logging for the output so every time it changes from off to on and back off, you'll see it in the event log. Keep in mind, with your program the ATO will only run every 60 minutes, so even though ATOLow is open doesn't necessarily mean the ATO will begin pumping water right away. It will wait for 60 minutes since the last time it ran.

New User
    I am having an ATK issue as well. Program is a follows:
    1 Fallback OFF
    2 Set OFF
    3 If Swx5_1 OPEN Then ON
    4 If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    5 When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    6 Defer 000:10 Then ON
    7 Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    8 Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I have power down the FMK and powered up. Once the power is plugged in the light goes green and stays green. Both sensors are out of the water. When I slide the ATK switch on the dash board to ON instead of AUTO then the pump begins flowing water.
    I am not sure what else I need to do to trouble shoot this.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PS362 View Post
    I am having an ATK issue as well. Program is a follows:
    1 Fallback OFF
    2 Set OFF
    3 If Swx5_1 OPEN Then ON
    4 If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    5 When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    6 Defer 000:10 Then ON
    7 Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    8 Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I have power down the FMK and powered up. Once the power is plugged in the light goes green and stays green. Both sensors are out of the water. When I slide the ATK switch on the dash board to ON instead of AUTO then the pump begins flowing water.
    I am not sure what else I need to do to trouble shoot this.
    Thank you
    Programming is only used when in AUTO. ON is a manual override

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Also having ATO issues and this looks like a good thread to post in. I have the ATK system from Apex.

My current settings:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

I just added When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    Prior to this, the ATO turned on when the water level fell below Sw1 but would not turn off when the water level rose above both Sw1 and Sw2
    Any recommendations on modifications to this program that would prevent the ATO running wild again would be great! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Brysonmcc View Post
    Also having ATO issues and this looks like a good thread to post in. I have the ATK system from Apex.

My current settings:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

I just added When ON > 005:00 Then OFF
    Prior to this, the ATO turned on when the water level fell below Sw1 but would not turn off when the water level rose above both Sw1 and Sw2
    Any recommendations on modifications to this program that would prevent the ATO running wild again would be great! Thank you
    The when is just a failsafe. You need to troubleshoot why your switches aren't closing and make sure it's in AUTO.

New User
    Tried running it today with the failsafe, didn’t turn off the ATO. It’s definitely set to ‘Auto’. The switches are all contained in the ATO unit, any suggestions on troubleshooting?

You need to make sure the sensors actually change state when covered vs dry. The most common issue is not plugging them in all the way. Out of date module firmware can also cause this behavior, as can failed sensors.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need to make sure the sensors actually change state when covered vs dry. The most common issue is not plugging them in all the way. Out of date module firmware can also cause this behavior, as can failed sensors.

I double checked the plugs and reseated the just in case. Looks like the software was out of date and I’ve updated it. I’ll keep an eye on it nad test when water level is down to see if that fixes the issues. Thanks

New User
    Tested it this evening with the sump water level down a bit. Same problem is occurring, ATO will trigger for Sf1 but will not shut off when Sf1 or Sf2 are covered by the water level. Also won’t shut off at the 5 min timer so I must have that incorrect. Going to contact Apex but any other suggestions will be very helpful! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brysonmcc View Post
    Tested it this evening with the sump water level down a bit. Same problem is occurring, ATO will trigger for Sf1 but will not shut off when Sf1 or Sf2 are covered by the water level. Also won’t shut off at the 5 min timer so I must have that incorrect. Going to contact Apex but any other suggestions will be very helpful! Thanks
    Is the pump still running, or is the pump off but flow is still happening? If the latter, you need to install the siphon break.

New User
    The pump continues to run

New User
    I contacted Neptune Support and got the fix. Turns out that, when using the ATK system, Sw1 and Sw2 are not used, instead I had to switch to SWx6_1 and SWX6_2 in the ‘Basic’ menu. Once I changed those settings, the system started working correctly. I had this erroneous thought, considering the capabilities of the system, that when connecting the ATK that Fusion would start off with the correct settings for it to work. :-) Silly me! Thanks for the assistance trying to figure this out!