Thread: PM1 trouble shooting. Solid Orange color

New User

PM1 trouble shooting. Solid Orange color

Ive googled and cant seem to find the answer...also searched this forum...

PM1 runs Temp, PH on my second tank. The light is solid orange. on the Module configure I can see the PM1_11 on the drop down but when I click on it, it does not show, defaults to the first mod. Under configuration when I click on PH2 it shows disabled, when I click enabled and update it automatically defaults back to disabled... thoughts.....

Thanks.

Unplug it, update the module firmware on every other module and then plug it back in and see if it turns green.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Unplugged and updated firmware on all. Went downstairs and plugged PM1 back in. Good sign at first as in the config area in module config I can now get it to recognize PM1. I updated firmware. I then went to Probe/Input setup and the PH2 and Temp 2 mods were disabled. Moved them to enable and clicked update. When you leave and come back they move to disabled again. Ive tried this a few times...I then tried deleting the PM`1, updated the others, plugged in PM1, updated firmware on it.... still no go....any other ideas would be appreciated. Can a PM1 go bad?

Any module can go bad. The majority of cases where issues occur its software or user error related, but internal components can sometimes fail. In this case, that looks reasonably likely and I would contact support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The default name of the pH port on a PM1 will not be pH2. The default name of pH2 is for the modal (selectable) pH2/ORP port on the Apex base unit. Your PM1's pH probe port will be pHx# or pHx##, where # is the Aquabus address of the PM1. Based on you saying that the PM1 module was shown as PM1_11 in your first post, the default name of the pH port would be pHx11.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks Z and Russ for chiming in. I may not have made myself clear or you are talking over my head...lol

PM1 runs my PH and Temp on my second tank. So when I say ph2 I am naming the PH port on PM1-ph2. Now that I am looking, I cant seem to find the temp probe/input for Temp on the second tank... also for some reason my orp probe/input says disabled even though my Orp does work. Both of you guys especially Russ are all over this forum. Do either have a thread on your setups?

New User
    Well. After HOURS of trying different things, reading blogs, forums, etc. I decided to plug the PM1 into the aquabus unit other than the main unit where PM1 has been until recently, working for a couple of years. I plugged it into my leak detector modules' aquabus.... and it worked immediately, go figure.