Thread: Best way to install connect mixed radion 3rd and 4th generation

Regular Vistor

Best way to install connect mixed radion 3rd and 4th generation

Having some troubles here.. i have six 3rd gens.. working great. Have a new 4th gen that just replaced a defective 4th gen. all are xr 30 pros. Side note. Great customer service and replacement done in two days by company on bad 4th gen unit. back to question.. so added on the newer 4th gen .. programming all messed up.. We understand the programming is different for the 3rd v the 4th gen.. the 4th gen radions added more color option with the inclusion of warm while leds. so this is issue.
    one of the 3rd gen had the programming in the fusion for a 4th gen.. in other words a warm white slider option when there was no warm white led. The 4th gen had the 3rd gen programming. So I have now deleted all the radions on my system in the fusion. I am about to reconnect. When I say attach below I am using the language in the fusion VXM module drop down menu.

Question : what is the best way to "attach" radions when they are a mix of 3rd and 4th gen.
    Question: What is the best way to "attach" multiple radions.

My thought is to detach all power to all units.
    One at a time attach power and hit "attach" in the drop down menu.
    Starting with the 3rd Gen units first. Last would be the newest 4th Gen.
    Confirm it is now showing in the VXM module.
    Repeat this for each one.

Or do we simply plug them all in and attach them all.

Thanks

NSI Member
    I would defiantly work with one at a time. That way when you add them one at a time you know for sure which one you are working with and can give it a relevant name, vs trying to add them all at once then trying to figure out which is which.

Regular Vistor
    thanks.. here is what i did..
    1. set up account with eco and used the usb to lap top to update firmware on all radions. my 3rd gen all updated to new firmware.
    2. back to apex fushion program on computer.. open up the VXM module > "config> reset all radions. HIT save
    3. Dashboard > Modules > VXM > Config > then attached all radions.
    4. Saved.
    5. Then also did the VXM module > "config> updated the WXM RF Update at the bottom
    6. Waited five minuites to be sure..
    7. Hit saved button upper left corner.

Then and this is what i eventually found cured it all. "REBOT"

8. DSHBOARD > SETTINGS > MISC (LOOKS LIKE A WRENCH) > CHECK "REBOT" RESTART APEX. LOWER LEFT CORNER..

9. confirmed all were updated and changed in the VXM modul > config setting.. and also on my dashboard.. !!!!

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post

Then and this is what i eventually found cured it all. "REBOT"

8. DSHBOARD > SETTINGS > MISC (LOOKS LIKE A WRENCH) > CHECK "REBOT" RESTART APEX. LOWER LEFT CORNER..

9. confirmed all were updated and changed in the VXM modul > config setting.. and also on my dashboard.. !!!!
    I'm having a hard time following, On Apex fusion, I can't seem to find "SETTINGS" from the "DASHBOARD" menu.... what does the icon look like?

Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    I'm having a hard time following, On Apex fusion, I can't seem to find "SETTINGS" from the "DASHBOARD" menu.... what does the icon look like?
    That is present for Apex 2016; you won’t see it and several other buttons if you are using an older Apex Classic model.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    That is present for Apex 2016; you won’t see it and several other buttons if you are using an older Apex Classic model.
    Gotcha, So in my case I have to do it via the IP address??

Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    Gotcha, So in my case I have to do it via the IP address??
    Yes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk