Thread: WAV w/ Red Sea 350 Mounted L / R - Configuration Recommendations

New User

WAV w/ Red Sea 350 Mounted L / R - Configuration Recommendations

I have 2 WAV powerheads mounted one on left and one on right glass in a new tank Red Sea 350 reefer (approx. 73 gallons of water). I used the task configuration and found some a schema (24h WAV Primary).This configuration never goes much above 60% and with so much power - I am nervous about 60% in this smaller tank.

I have to admit I am completely overwhelmed and confused (despite reading these forums, watching videos, etc). I guess I want one powerhead to inverse the other - I am not sure if I need to set "one point" across the 24 hours to inverse or duplicate this schema on the other powerhead and change every point to inverse.

Understanding powerhead placement and tank inhabitants dictate a lot of configuration - if anyone has a successful configuration or recommendations based on a similar setup - this would be much appreciated.

I'm a fan of an alternating sine wave sort of look. The image below is a WAV and a gyre (gyre is much less powerful so its intensities are higher), but the same principle could be applied. You can use a mix of inverse, mirror, and completely different modes on the "slave" pump to get a good variety and lots of turbulence.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Im still a super noob when it comes to apex and programming _lol this is actually my first post, I may be doing it wrong_ I have my 2 WAV powerheads mounted L/R in my Reefer 350 about 1/4 way down from the water line on opposite ends. Here is the programming I've been using for the last couple weeks. This seems to be working for now, but I may bump it up in the future. Im still trying to figure it out as I go along. Needless to say, I too am interested in similar configurations and recommendations. Hope someone more experienced can chime in. Thanks!
    Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.08.14 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.08.58 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.09.19 PM.jpg