Thread: Coordinating Wave and Splash 2

Coordinating Wave and Splash 2

I ask for help getting my COR20 to ramp up and back down again after being triggered by an optical sensor in my ATS styled dump Bucket and I was given code that reflected a lot of work. I kind of understood it, then copied and pasted it into the appropriate places. It worked great! Thanks again.

Now I want to piggyback on the same code to get my new Gyre to work in concert with the COR, ramping up and back down at the same times. (I noted that the minimum effective speed for the Gyre is 20% so I would have to edit my existing ramping levels from what I already have 10, 20, 40, 80, 100 and back down again, to 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 and back down again.)

Unfortunately, I can’t get back to the meet of the original thread so that I can’t remember the How’s and Why’s for the code that I have so I can figure out how to do my piggybacking.

Can you please help me? If you don’t have access to the old thread, I can repost the code and setup that I have.

Just Livin' Life
    If it helps, here is the link to your old thread. If you click on your name, it will take you to your profile. Under your avatar is a link called Find Latest Started Threads. In there you can see all of your threads you have created.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ave-and-Splash

Thank you for replying. Before I started this thread, I followed that path to find the original Coordinating Wave and Splash. I’m not even sure that there wasn’t a second thread title that got my question answered.

Unfortunately, I believe that I don’t have access to the COR early adopter section of the forum anymore where the code was posted. If those posts are remove and not deleted, it might be easier to retrieve them than to work them back up again. I think that RussM was the one that authored the posts with the code and explanations that I need.

If you post the code for your cor, I and several others can reverse engineer the explanations fro. Russ and how to mimic what you did there for the gyre.

You can also use virtual outlets using the percentage command to trigger profiles based on the CORs current speed but that is likely more complex than basing it on your optical sensor states.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by herring_fish View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe that I don’t have access to the COR early adopter section of the forum anymore where the code was posted. If those posts are remove and not deleted, it might be easier to retrieve them than to work them back up again. I think that RussM was the one that authored the posts with the code and explanations that I need.
    The private sub-forum used for each NSI project is archived and removed from view after that NSI project has concluded, not deleted. I have located your original thread and made a publicly-visible copy here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ave-and-Splash
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Wow thanks!
    There sure it a lot to look at here.

It looks like percent is the way to go here.

Example

GyreStep20
    Set OFF
    If Output Corname Speed < 20 Then ON

GyreStep40
    Set OFF
    If Output Corname Speed < 60 Then ON
    If If Output Corname Speed > 40 Then OFF

Gyre
    Set 20
    If Output GyreStep20 = ON Then GyreRamp20
    If Output GyreStep20 = ON Then GyreRamp40

I don't see a need for additional VOs; just use the state of the existing VOs for the Gyre instead of the state of the COR; I'd use the same programming as for the COR, with one exception - dealing with the fact that the Gyre doesn't run at 10%:

My original COR programming for herring_fish:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output Step10_Up = ON Then Step20
    If Output Step20_Up = ON Then Step20
    If Output Step40_Up = ON Then Step40
    If Output Step80_Up = ON Then Step80
    If Output Step100_ON = ON Then ON
    If Output Step80_Dn = ON Then Step80
    If Output Step40_Dn = ON Then Step40
    If Output Step20_Dn = ON Then Step20
    If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then Step10

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why I had used non-ramping Ramp profiles to obtain a constant speed/intensity rather than using percentages; then it dawned on me - it was because of a need for logging to facilitate tweaking of the timings induced by the various Defers. If the timings have now been tweaked to satisfaction, then I'd now just use percentage and do away with the Step## profiles.

Revised programming for COR:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output Step10_Up = ON Then 10
    If Output Step20_Up = ON Then 20
    If Output Step40_Up = ON Then 40
    If Output Step80_Up = ON Then 80
    If Output Step80_Dn = ON Then 80
    If Output Step40_Dn = ON Then 40
    If Output Step20_Dn = ON Then 20
    If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then 10

Programming for Gyre to operate in lockstep w/ the COR, with the necessary 10%/20% override in the first and last If statements:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output Step10_Up = ON Then 20
    If Output Step20_Up = ON Then 20
    If Output Step40_Up = ON Then 40
    If Output Step80_Up = ON Then 80
    If Output Step80_Dn = ON Then 80
    If Output Step40_Dn = ON Then 40
    If Output Step20_Dn = ON Then 20
    If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then 20
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Reverse Flow

I will use one set of A Forward and one set of B Backward paddles of the Gyre.
    I added these:

Intensity profile
    Sync enable
    Divide by 10 disable
    Initial OFF: 0
    ON time: 15
    OFF time: 5
    Min intensity: 0 or 20 min?
    Max intensity: 100
    Direction profile
    Sync enable
    Divide by 10 disable
    Initial OFF: 0
    ON time: 20
    OFF time: 20
    Min intensity: 0
    Max intensity: 100

and I have gotten the pump to reverse but it doesn't respond the way that I would expect when I try to use reverse mode.

Going forward only though, I really like the adapted COR code that I have now because I am constantly tweaking the timing for different scenarios so I have kept the Defer statements in for now. I have cut the time way down to a total of 18 secondd for test purposes. I WAS able to just cut, paste and edit the existing code to run the Gyre and it worked right away.

Now, I want to add reverse flow. The complexity of ramping in reverse may not be necessary since the Gyre and the COR work together while producing forward flow. When the Gyre would be running in reverse the COR would be OFF for less total flow so full power should be OK.

All that being said, how would I restart at 100% ....say ....20 seconds after:

If Output Step10_Up = ON Then 20

or ....say....2 seconds after:

If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then 20

?

You could always relate the gyre to the percentage of the COR

For example

Direction
    Set profilename1
    If Output CORname percent < X then profilename2

So you are saying that if the COR is off then the Gyre would be ON? I'm probably not getting it.

Can't I use some kind of delay of 20 seconds after the trigger, then run profilename2 for ...say 18 seconds which would be set to 100%?

What I am saying is that if you want the gyre to synchronize with the COR in some way (I wasn't clear on what exactly you wanted the gyre to do in your last post), you can trigger different intensities or profiles based upon the current percentage of the COR and/or the virtual outlets used for the COR. This approach would likely be easier to implement than to use delays from your VOs.

In post #8 RussM lays out some code but I don't get how the reverse code would be triggered so I thought that I would just key off of the first statement as a trigger.
    (which could be: If Output Step10_Up = ON Then 20) then there would be a delay of 20 seconds, then the Gyre would restart while in reverse mode and would just run at 100% for 18 seconds, then stop.

Hmmmmm

I decided to flood the zone, adding 20 lines that defer 2 seconds each. I wanted to see if the Gyre would reverse at the 20 second mark, if there was something there to act on. It did reverse but not on time. Now I have to get out my stop watch and use it to start tweaking because it seemed to run around 50 seconds in one direction, move back and forth for 2 and then reverse for about 13 seconds before going back forward again. That is odd but encouraging.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF Defer Seconds
    If Output Step10_Up = ON Then Step20 2
    If Output Step20_Up = ON Then Step40 2
    If Output Step40_Up = ON Then Step40 2
    If Output Step80_Up = ON Then Step80 2
    If Output Step100_ON = ON Then ON 2
    If Output Step80_Dn = ON Then Step80 2
    If Output Step40_Dn = ON Then Step40 2
    If Output Step20_Dn = ON Then Step40 2
    If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then Step20 2
    If Output Step10_Dn = ON Then Step20 2