Thread: Tunze ATO

New User

Tunze ATO

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to program an outlet to shut off if it is drawing power for longer than a certain amount of time. What I am trying to accomplish is to add a tertiary shut off for my Tunze ATO. I have a small tank and I want to prevent it from topping off too much. I would like to program the ATO outlet to shut off it the ATO has ran for more than 1 minute within an hour. Then come back on say after 6 hours. Is there anything like the following?

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Outlet ATO Output > (a wattage that would indicate pump operating) > 000:60 Then OFF
    Defer 360:00 Then On

You can with a virtual outlet using this basic form. X should be between the load with the pump off and with the pump running.

StopATO
    Set OFF
    If Output Tunze Watts > X Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    Min Time 360:00 Then ON

ATO
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Output StopATO = ON Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You can with a virtual outlet using this basic form. X should be between the load with the pump off and with the pump running.

StopATO
    Set OFF
    If Output Tunze Watts > X Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    Min Time 360:00 Then ON

ATO
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Output StopATO = ON Then OFF

Would your Min Time 360:00 be followed by "Then ON" or "Then OFF". I feel like it should say OFF that way the ATO outlet turns back on? Also Im not sure I see where this would happen only if the Tunze ran for more than 1 min per hour. Is there an option for that?

Quote Originally Posted by JHall651 View Post
    Would your Min Time 360:00 be followed by "Then ON" or "Then OFF". I feel like it should say OFF that way the ATO outlet turns back on? Also Im not sure I see where this would happen only if the Tunze ran for more than 1 min per hour. Is there an option for that?
    Then ON is correct. Pretend that the Then is missing from the min time statement and it makes more sense.

This does not activate when the tunze runs for more than 1 minute per hour. It activates when the tunze runs longer than 1 minute on a single fill. There is no way to do cumulative in apex programming.

New User
    Im wanting something like this. Would this work?

If output ATO watts > 5 for 000:60 Then OFF
    Min 360:00 Then ON

Im wanting something like this. Would this work?

If output ATO watts > 5 for 000:60 Then OFF
    Min 360:00 Then ON
    No. That is not valid apex syntax. The way I showed it above is the only form that will achieve what you want. Just replace X with 5 and replace tunze with the actual outlet name of the tunze.

New User
    Then ON is correct. Pretend that the Then is missing from the min time statement and it makes more sense.

This does not activate when the tunze runs for more than 1 minute per hour. It activates when the tunze runs longer than 1 minute on a single fill. There is no way to do cumulative in apex programming.

Oh Ok this is perfect then. I wouldnt need it to be cumulative anyways now that I think about it. So if you wouldn't mind explaining to me the defer input. So this line is saying to defer this whole command unless it has been on for atleast 1 min?

Oh Ok this is perfect then. I wouldnt need it to be cumulative anyways now that I think about it. So if you wouldn't mind explaining to me the defer input. So this line is saying to defer this whole command unless it has been on for atleast 1 min?
    The virtual outlet says:

When the power drawn is greater than 5W for 1 minute continuously, then activate. Once activated, stay ON for at least 6 hours.

When this outlet is ON, the ATO will be paused.

New User
    Awesome. Thank you so much Zombie. One last question. In these commands I just want to make sure I am typing output and not outlet? I get why I would put "If output watts >" but I dont get why I would put "If output tunzeoff = on then off". Seems like it should say if outlet tunzeoff = on then off.

Awesome. Thank you so much Zombie. One last question. In these commands I just want to make sure I am typing output and not outlet? I get why I would put "If output watts >" but I dont get why I would put "If output tunzeoff = on then off". Seems like it should say if outlet tunzeoff = on then off.
    They are all output now. Neptune changed the terminology a while ago, though it will still autocorrect if you type outlet.

In an AOS & Apex Classic firmware update quite some time ago, the If Outlet keyword was changed to If Output. The "Outlet" programming keyword (as in If Outlet ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF) remains as an alias for If Output. Instead of Outlet, use Output (as in If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF). You may continue to use If Outlet…., but try to get in the habit of using the newer If Output syntax. If you use a If Outlet statement, it will automatically be converted to If Output when you save that programming to the Apex

Example: If you enter this programming:

It will automatically be converted to:

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    They are all output now. Neptune changed the terminology a while ago, though it will still autocorrect if you type outlet.

Thanks so much Zombie. I think I have it now. You are an awesome help for all us inferior Apex reefers. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Russ!

New User
    Hey Russ or zombie. What would the code be to have me receive my text and app alerts if this VO was ever on?

If Output Tunzeoff = ON Then ON

New User
    If Output Tunzeoff = ON Then ON

Thanks zombie. Would that be put in the emailalm?

Correct. Place it in the email wherever you want it in the priority.

New User
    Zombie or Russ I have another question for you programming wizards. So I decided to keep it simple and just let my ATO power on and do its thing for a couple of mins every six hours. Seems to be working fine but I was wondering if I could add another fail safe in the form of an optical sensor. Basically in the event there is more than normal evaporation and the sump gets lower than I would like within the six hour period I wanted to add a program that would turn the ATO on if the optical sensor low in the sump gets triggered. Then once it is triggered the ATO would come on for say 30 seconds and then it would shut off and go back to its regularly scheduled OSC. Any ideas? This is what I have been using:

Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    OSC 000:00/002:00/358:00 Then ON

But wanted something like this:

Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    OSC 000:00/002:00/358:00 Then ON
    If SmpLvl OPEN Then ON (for specific amount of time then off and for the OSC to take back over)

Just make the osc beriod shorter.