Thread: Powering COR-20 via EB832

New User

Powering COR-20 via EB832

Hi,
    According to page 11 of the COR User Guide:

"...It is not necessary or recommended to plug the power supply into an EnergyBar outlet. It is highly undesirable to turn power to the COR system ON and OFF; it should have constant power.

If you do use an EnergyBar outlet despite the recommendation not to do so, that outlet should be programmed to be ALWAYS ON by using the Always Control Type or by manually programming the EnergyBar outlet with this simple program:

Fallback ON
    Set ON..."

I note that there is another thread containing a video extolling the virtues of power monitoring when equipment is plugged into the EB832.

As a result of this seeming contradiction, I'd appreciate if anyone could explain the reason(s) Neptune appear to discourage plugging the COR pumps into Energy Bars.

Is it simply to avoid the potential for the user to program the outlet to the OFF state incorrectly or inadvertently, which may cause damage to pump or driver, or is there an issue with possible excessive power draw?

I assume the Fallback and Set statements mitigate the potential for damage somewhat, but can warranty voided if the pump is plugged into an Energy Bar?

Are there any other programming details to be aware of? For example will there be software conflict because the pump is connected via two paths (aquabus via the driver and power via the Energy Bar)?

Cheers,

Frequent Visitor
    Mine is plugged in as my power bar is on ups and I want cor20 to run on back up. Most cor issues whether power or what not are reported as Error Cor 20 and more advanced monitoring than other pumps. The if Error Cor20 would Then be in your alarm list to be notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue is that a user may inadvertently turn the power supply off and then become a troubleshooting nightmare for a new user who cant seem to figure out why it isnt working. If you are aware that the outlet needs to be set always on and remember to check that if the cor ever stops running, there is no issue using an energy bar and adds watts and amps monitoring that many people would like to see.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk