Thread: AFS timed feed?

Frequent Visitor

AFS timed feed?

I'm confused here... all i'm trying to do is have the AFS do 1 turn of the drum at a specific time. I don't need any pumps to turn off etc.

when I go into settings of the AFS I set the time of first feed to what I want ... and at first nothing was happening but now I realize it comes on about a minute after the set time.... which is fine but i'm trying to understand
    why there's a minute delay from the set time?

The AFS is in auto mode.

Do I somehow have to actually call a feed mode with a timer for this to actually work? What is the point of the time setting in the AFS then?

thanks for any help!

Do you have two clocks in fusion?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is the way it works when you use Control Type: Feeder.

That 1-minute delay is generally desirable- if you have, for example, your return pump and/or powerhead/wavemaker pumps programmed to shut off at the same time as the feeder is set to start, that delay gives a full minute for the water to stop flowing down the overflow and water movement within the tank to calm a bit.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    That is the way it works when you use Control Type: Feeder.

That 1-minute delay is generally desirable- if you have, for example, your return pump and/or powerhead/wavemaker pumps programmed to shut off at the same time as the feeder is set to start, that delay gives a full minute for the water to stop flowing down the overflow and water movement within the tank to calm a bit.

Thanks for the clarification.... didn't see any documentation referencing this delay anywhere... was driving me nuts lol.

makes sense though with your explanation.

I just spent the last hour trying to vac out the full container of food that let go into the tank when I tried to open the darnn thing to adjust the feed quantity per revolution...

Def do not love the design of the removal of the canister in conjunction with the front lid being easier to remove and dumping the whole canister of food into the tank.

I find it best to make it rotate to pull the drum out or grab the entire AFS off the tank to refill. Way too easy to spill otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk