Thread: Classic apex to fusion

New User

Classic apex to fusion

Ok so i have an apex i bought new at least 4 years ago. Have never updated. I want to update to fusion, but i dont have the link to fusion on dashboard. What do i need to do? I hate to reset, and end up losing everything. I have7 EB8, and 3 tanks running on system so if i were to be down too long it would be bad. Thanks

Just Livin' Life
    What version are you on now? Go to Configuration > Network Setup and scroll all the way down. If you are not on the latest firmware, you will need to update. There were some large changes at 4.30 so some settings may need to be setup again depending on your program.

Also in the Network setup in the top box there are radio boxes you can check for Apex Fusion Enable and Apex Fusion Control Enable. The first one will allow you to see your box in Fusion. The second will allow you to control your Apex via Fusion. If you do not see these options, you will need to update your Apex first.

Also, check out this page for some detailed instructions on setting up Fusion.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/afqs.pdf

An update from prior to 4.20 to anything after 4.20 cannot restore a backup configuration in the event something goes wrong with the update. Normally I would suggest a factory reset for that long of a stretch in firmware but in your case that might be tricky. At the very least copy absolutely everything in your code to a word document so you are prepared to rewrite everything in the event the firmware update goes south.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ha my version is
    4.20_1B13. LOL I am way behind

New User
    I have backed up what I have. I just hate to have to reprogram, but if need be I will. I have a UPS on the display that I can keep flow in tank for several hours.

Just Livin' Life
    Worst case, you can plug your return pump into a wall outlet while you setup the Apex again. I can't remember what version I was on when I purchased mine, but it was back in 2012 or 2013, can't remember which. I have tried to keep mine updated for the most part but have skipped a few updates that didn't do anything for me or the unit.

Let us know how it goes.