Thread: Question about using DDR with BRS dosing pumps -- where I have a DOS in my system

Regular Vistor

Question about using DDR with BRS dosing pumps -- where I have a DOS in my system

I bought a new DOS pump today and also purchased the DDR because I got a good deal adding the DDR to my purchase. The reason I bought the DOS was for auto water changes. I'm currently dosing calcium and alkalinity with the BRS dosing pumps. That's working well so I don't want to change it.

I know the DDR needs to be hooked up to the DOS. So my question is can I connect my DOS for auto water changes while connecting the DDR to the DOS to supply the BRS dosing pumps? Will the DDR still do it's thing with monitoring levels (while the sensors still work) if the dosing is being done through the BRS pumps?

The level monitoring will only work for the DDR if the DOS is dosing from them. If you change the volume of them, it will monitor the level of your NSW reservoir.

You can still use the DDR to hold the 2 part and send you an alert when the level drops below the optical sensor, but that's the extent of what it can do if you aren't dosing 2 part with the DOS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The level monitoring will only work for the DDR if the DOS is dosing from them. If you change the volume of them, it will monitor the level of your NSW reservoir.

You can still use the DDR to hold the 2 part and send you an alert when the level drops below the optical sensor, but that's the extent of what it can do if you aren't dosing 2 part with the DOS.

Oh, so the thing not only tells when it's near empty but attempts to give an approximate level at any point of time? I guess if it tells me when it's near empty that's useful... Otherwise it's just an overpriced, undersized dosing container for my setup.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

I was thinking more about this. Are you saying that if I hook up the DDR to my DOS I can tell fusion that the DDR holds 35 gallons and the level monitor would show the draw down of new saltwater from my 35 gallon tank? That would be kind of cool. If I manually take out 5 gallons (say if I need it to do a manual water change on my frag tank), could I adjust the volume shown to account for that too?

Quote Originally Posted by gobble View Post
    I was thinking more about this. Are you saying that if I hook up the DDR to my DOS I can tell fusion that the DDR holds 35 gallons and the level monitor would show the draw down of new saltwater from my 35 gallon tank? That would be kind of cool. If I manually take out 5 gallons (say if I need it to do a manual water change on my frag tank), could I adjust the volume shown to account for that too?
    Correct.