Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wav Alternating Flow Patterns

New User
    Yeah. I figured the same as I have payed full price for everything Neptune that I have. Thanks again for the help.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jbatt View Post
    Hey all,

Long time Apex user here.....first time on the Neptune forum.

I had a couple of questions i was hoping to get some answers too before pulling the trigger on the wav pumps. Hoping someone here can help.

1. I have a standard 120. Are the pumps going to be too much for that 4' footprint? I have read different answers across the net and just looking for confirmation that the pumps will be alright in the tank. Tanks is SPS dominant.
    2. I like running pulse mode. Am I correct in understanding if I run pulse, the pump that is running in slow speed will still push 1800 gph at 1%? Or, is there a way to configure pulse where one pump pulses at say 25% for 2 seconds and the other pump is completely off? The reason I ask is because if one pump pulses at 1800 in slow then the other pump it seems will have to come up to around 3000 gph just to overtake the pumps at 1%.

Thanks so much for any answers and clarification. Hope this thread is will still give alerts to my post. Thanks.
    I have a similar question...

I was playing with the two Wav's on my 112g SPS (4 ft long) yesterday. I moved the pumps all over the place and finally settled with one on each side panel, in the middle, about 2/3rds the way up.

I accidentally started running just one pump (instead of both) in Pipeline at about 80% with a .75 second delay. Created a really impressive "sloshing effect", gently moving all the water in the tank, on both sides.

I was thinking I'd love to have that setup running for a period of time during the day where it was in Pulse on the left pump for 2 hours, and then Pulse on the right pump for 2 hours, always with the opposite pump being completely turned off so only one was running at a time.

However, when I tried to program it, every time i added a new point, Apex strung the points on the graph together and created more of a ramp down ramp up effect and both were still running at the same time.

The flow was so impressive with just one on high, I'm trying to find a way to make it happen where just one is running for a period of the time with the other completely off. And then alternate

How could that be achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    I have a similar question...

I was playing with the two Wav's on my 112g SPS (4 ft long) yesterday. I moved the pumps all over the place and finally settled with one on each side panel, in the middle, about 2/3rds the way up.

I accidentally started running just one pump (instead of both) in Pipeline at about 80% with a .75 second delay. Created a really impressive "sloshing effect", gently moving all the water in the tank, on both sides.

I was thinking I'd love to have that setup running for a period of time during the day where it was in Pulse on the left pump for 2 hours, and then Pulse on the right pump for 2 hours, always with the opposite pump being completely turned off so only one was running at a time.

However, when I tried to program it, every time i added a new point, Apex strung the points on the graph together and created more of a ramp down ramp up effect and both were still running at the same time.

The flow was so impressive with just one on high, I'm trying to find a way to make it happen where just one is running for a period of the time with the other completely off. And then alternate

How could that be achieved?
    You need extra points so it looks like more of a square in the graph. This limits the ramping to as small as 1 minute.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need extra points so it looks like more of a square in the graph. This limits the ramping to as small as 1 minute.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ok, that makes sense. I'll make a go of that.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. I'll make a go of that.
    How did this work out? I'm wanting a similar affect. Hoping to hear how you like it before I take the time to change my program.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fraxinus View Post
    How did this work out? I'm wanting a similar affect. Hoping to hear how you like it before I take the time to change my program.
    I didn't end up squaring off the graph. I simply put the right pump on inverse with a matched max power percentage and it worked really well. It was slightly better with just one pump running, but this was close enough with no extra effort.

This is how I have my left pump setup, with the right on inverse. I get a lot of agitation during the daytime hours, and it's much calmer at night.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 9.45.54 AM.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12