Thread: Help! Setup/calibrate DOS on apex classic

Regular Vistor

Help! Setup/calibrate DOS on apex classic

been waching videos on how to do this but im having an issue. im at the calibration step and i do not have a modules icon that i can click on in my dashboard so i can calibrate! where is it? is there not one because i have the old apex? I assume this is the case.

also i tried to copy and paste my old dosing programming for alk and cal because i dont understand how to code the dosers. that didnt seem to anything with the dosing schedule so i programmed them for 30 mL each. i have no idea of knowing if it will actually dose or not. im going to leave the alkalinity in a measuring cup over night and hope there's 30 mL of alk fluid in the cup tomorrow morning.

please help!

thanks.
    nick

You have to use the classic dashboard (type in the IP address of the apex in your browser) to access the module page

Use the wizard to program the required dosing amount over 24 hours and put the outlet in AUTO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    As zombie said ...

Since you have a classic you should also have a display. Go to the display in "system" --> "net setup" --> "ip address" to find the IP address of the APEX.
    Go to your browser and in the address bar put http://<ipaddress> (eg: http://192.168.1.110)

Log in and once you have the classic page go to "configuration" --> "module setup" and in the dropdown list select your DÖS. You will then have a button to calibrate.

Alternatively you can do the calibration from the display it self. in the display go to "setup" --> "module setup" --> "config module". Choose your DÖS and then you have the option to calibrate.

Once that is done go to Apex Fusion page http://apexfusion.com and from there click on the question mark near the top right of the page and add the DOS outlets and the DOS dosing graph to your dashboard.
    If you click on the gear icon next to DÖS outlet it will bring the wizard for configuration and then you can add your dosing to the schedule.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Rui

Regular Vistor
    From the ip address and using my computer there is no configuration option for the dos module. I tried It from the display as well and it gave me the option to calibrate but it froze when i got To the 40ml dosing part and it wasn’t dosing at all.

Regular Vistor
    Also do i just Need the aqua bus cable to power the DOS? It came with a power cord but i see It has power through the aquabus.. could both being plugged in interfere?

Frequent Visitor
    You need both cables. That is why the DOS does not move when you start calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Ok i will Try it again. Iinitially, both cables were plugged in when trying the calibration. Since it isn’t working via old dashboard i will Use the display.

Regular Vistor
    I just Was able to calibrate both dosers! Now my question is if i just Go into fusion and program calcium to dose in the day 30ml and all at night 30 ml, will it just work? I suppose I could Put a measuring cup under calcium for the day and see if it doses? I set Each doser for 30ml and put both in auto. I’m now noticing they both say TBL in blue instead of “on” or “off.” Does this mean it’s set?

Also i use 5 gallon buckets for my calcium and alkalinity solution. Can i program That into the doser so it can notify me when getting close to empty? Or is that only with the DDR?

Quote Originally Posted by oshanickreef View Post
    I just Was able to calibrate both dosers! Now my question is if i just Go into fusion and program calcium to dose in the day 30ml and all at night 30 ml, will it just work? I suppose I could Put a measuring cup under calcium for the day and see if it doses? I set Each doser for 30ml and put both in auto. I’m now noticing they both say TBL in blue instead of “on” or “off.” Does this mean it’s set?

Also i use 5 gallon buckets for my calcium and alkalinity solution. Can i program That into the doser so it can notify me when getting close to empty? Or is that only with the DDR?
    You can split the doses as you wish. I prefer 24 hours cause the doses are tiny and dont really precipitate but you definitely can separate if you want.

The volume tracking "technically" requires a DDR. There are ways around this that we cannot talk about here due to forum rules. Check R2R and reefcentral.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk