Thread: WXM losing signal to Radion XR30 Pro

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar

WXM losing signal to Radion XR30 Pro

I have two Radion XR30 Pro G4 lights controlled by my Apex WXM module. Several times per week I will notice that the left Radion is off and it shows up as "Missing" on the Apex. Usually it will come back on by itself within an hour, or immediately if I unplug the Radion power cord and plug it back in. I started to wonder if perhaps RF interference may be disrupting the wireless signal between the WXM and this light. The WXM is mounted on the side of the divider wall under my Reefer cabinet, so it has a straight line above it to communicate with the right Radion, but for the left Radion the signal needs to pass diagonally through several power cords, my UV sterilizer, and my refugium LED light.

A few days ago I removed the WXM from the cabinet and relocated it to the wall behind my display tank, directly behind the return nozzle. Since that move, it has not lost the connection. I'm hoping this will be a permanent fix. Has anyone else experienced interference with a WXM?

New User
    I have 3 G4 Pro Radion lights and the middle light keeps getting lost and comes up as missing. The other two seem fine. Do you think it’s a fault with the light as the other two work fine?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Lithgow View Post
    I have 3 G4 Pro Radion lights and the middle light keeps getting lost and comes up as missing. The other two seem fine. Do you think it’s a fault with the light as the other two work fine?
    Since I moved my WXM module over two weeks ago, I have not had a single problem with my Radions disconnecting and showing up as "missing". I'm convinced in my situation it was just some sort of RF interference from other wires and/or devices in my system interfering with the wireless signal.

If you draw a straight line from your WXM module to the middle light that is missing, what does it pass through? Do you have any easy way to move the WXM as a test?

New User
    Thank you for the feedback. I have also moved the wxm module and now the light seems to work fine. Thank you again.