Thread: ATK not keeping up with evaporation

New User

ATK not keeping up with evaporation

Hi,

Approx 6months ago I added an ATK to my classic system after my previous ATO dumped 25 litres of RO in my 800 L system. I liked the multiple redundancy to prevent this happening again.

My issue is with atmospheric temps of 24 degrees and above, the ATK can’t keep up with evaporation. I’ve AC to chill the room, but this also seems to speed evaporation.

I used the task task set up for the ATK but have changed the off time between top offs to 20 mins not the standard 60. The issue is that I still get errors that it’s run longer than the 3 minutes and isn’t topping up. None of my previous ATO had this issue, I suspect the anti siphon valve as when the ATK operates I get the tiniest trickle in the sump and what seems like a fire hose jetting water back into the Reservoir.

Should I alter the run time, from other reports the PMUP seems tempremental, or remove the anti syphon.

To me it seems rediculous that a £200 system with a £50 pump can’t match a £30 system. Redundancy is a benefit to prevent salinity swings, but not if the base system can’t pump the water in to replace that being evaporated as that is causing the same swings.

What do I do?
    24E3784C-4AC3-4702-A60A-157619936FAF.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Mine takes a while to top up also, but nothing near the max run time. Is your ATO res higher than the ATK outlet in the sump? if so, you need the anti siphon to ensure water doesn't go into the tank when the pump is off. If the water level in the res is below the ATK output when full, then you do not need the anti siphon fitting.

I have also changed the Defer 000:10 Then OFF up a little more, so it will run longer when the sensor is closed, I have mine set to 000:20

Your float is probably set incorrectly. Flow should be wide open on the lower sensor and the float should be perfectly horizontal when you push it to the top.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Nope float is spot on. Going to measure flow this weekend.

New User
    Multiple measures of flow from the outlet give me 50 ml per minute, measured by weight. That’s a heady 3 L per hour!! There’s my problem. Need to speak to Apex support as that can’t be right.

I just did a rough calculation on my ATK, which dispenses almost exactly 1 gallon (3785 ml) per day. The pmup runs 10 seconds every thirty minutes (on OSC to dispense kalk properly), or 480 sec/day. 3785/480 = 7.9 ml/sec = 473 ml/min.

So your system is certainly conveying an abnormally low volume. If it's not the float obstructing the outlet, there might be either a defect with or damage to your pmup, or a partial obstruction in the line. Personally I'd take it all apart and inspect everything including the pmup impeller.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I just did a rough calculation on my ATK, which dispenses almost exactly 1 gallon (3785 ml) per day. The pmup runs 10 seconds every thirty minutes (on OSC to dispense kalk properly), or 480 sec/day. 3785/480 = 7.9 ml/sec = 473 ml/min.

So your system is certainly conveying an abnormally low volume. If it's not the float obstructing the outlet, there might be either a defect with or damage to your pmup, or a partial obstruction in the line. Personally I'd take it all apart and inspect everything including the pmup impeller.
    thanks rkpetersen. Is that with the antisyphon valve installed?

Quote Originally Posted by pany View Post
    thanks rkpetersen. Is that with the antisyphon valve installed?

Yes it is. My RO reservoir level is above the level of the sump, so it's necessary. There's also a flow meter, solenoid, 3-way manual valve, and small kalk reactor with flow-powered stirrer in the line, which is maybe 1.5m total length. The pmup is strong enough to do it easily with my setup.