Thread: Pump oscillation

New User

Pump oscillation

Hi all.

I'm looking for a way how I can Oscillate the pump like a sinus wave. Means not OFF/ON/OFF. I like to have 25% / 60% / 25% each 5 seconds.
    Is there a way to reach this target with the Apex?

Quote Originally Posted by Opusretis View Post
    Hi all.

I'm looking for a way how I can Oscillate the pump like a sinus wave. Means not OFF/ON/OFF. I like to have 25% / 60% / 25% each 5 seconds.
    Is there a way to reach this target with the Apex?
    There’s no capability to do a sinusoidal pattern.

You can use a Pump profile to oscillate a compatible variable-speed pump between two intensities at 5-second intervals.

What model is the pump?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    The Pump Modell ist Tunze Turbelle stream 6105.
    The way with a profile to oscillate between 2 intensities at 5-second intervals is still better then the OFF/ON/OFF Way.
    But I think that I have not still seen through the concept behind the profiles. If I load one in the wizard mode I get a 24h Profile with the graphical control thing - you know..
    How can I control the pump in that 2-Intensities Way?

----Update----
    I think I have misstaken Schemes and Profiles
    But if I go to the Base-Configuration of my Pump I can't add a profile to a Point. Please look at the screenshot of my Config. It looks not same as in the Comprehensive Manual Page 88.

05-07-_2018_15-54-55.png

Configure and rename a profile - you won't use the wizard. Profiles are managed using the Profiles page - that is the button that looks like a file folder. Then use Advanced Control Type to program the variable output as desired. to use that profile 7/24, just program it with:

Set profile-name

Here are the settings for the profile:

Name Tunze
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Disable
    Initial Off Time 0 seconds
    On Time 5 seconds
    Off Time 5 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 30%
    Maximum Intensity 60%

Tunze Stream pumps should not be operated at speeds below 30%, so I have adjusted the Minimum Intensity (low speed part of the cycle) to 30%. Some will go slower that 30%, but Tunze recommends not doing so. Newer Tunze Streams with the built-in control unit will not operate at the lower speeds at all; I've seen reports of them only running at 30-35% minimum.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you for your help. That's working fine.

Now each Time I load the config of the pump the wizard will overwrite my settings. I need to Cancel and switch to basic View. Is there a way I can say the apex that he not ask me every time for the wizard?