Thread: Only run ATK at midday

Frequent Visitor

Only run ATK at midday

I want to configure my ATK to only run a maximum of once a day, in the 1200-1300 window. So you understand why I want to do this my setup is as follows.

I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with the inbuilt ATO using an 8L reservoir connected to the sump via a float valve to continuously top up the sump. In my case this ATO lasts 2-3 days. In this reservoir I have my ATK to keep it topped up. So as the sump uses water the ATK will sense this and periodically top the reservoir back up.

My ATK draws water from a larger outside reservoir (~80L) which in turn is filled by an Aquatic Life 4 stage RODI. I use the Aquatic Life float valve and pressure sensitive solenoid to automatically top up the outside reservoir. When the solenoid shuts off it is a slow process and causes some vibration and a little noise for 10 mins or so.

I want to restrict the time the outside ATO tops up both to reduce TDS creep and also minimise any noise issues as it is next to our house and < 2m from our neighbours. For this reason I only want to draw water from it automatically via the ATK a maximum of once a day, and only in the 1200-1300 window.

I use the following program for the ATK (obviously without the inline comments).
    [ATOPump]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx6_1 OPEN Then ON — this is the ATK low sensor
    If Swx6_2 CLOSED Then OFF — this is the ATK high (failsafe) sensor
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 120:00 Then OFF

Would adding the following two lines at the end be sufficient for my needs or am I missing something?

If Time 00:00 to 12:00 Then OFF
    If Time 13:00 to 23:59 Then OFF

Thanks, Brad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can just use If Time 13:00 to 12:00 Then OFF. That line at the end will shut down other programming except between 12 and 1. I'd consider removing the Min Time line as well as it now becomes redundant and could potentially cause problems with your reservoir not filling completely during the 1 hour window.

The min time is worth keeping as it ensures only one fill will happen. The when statement needs to go away though or you need to adjust it to be about double how long it "usually" takes to fill.

I use the following program for the ATK (obviously without the inline comments).
    [ATOPump]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx6_1 OPEN Then ON — this is the ATK low sensor
    If Swx6_2 CLOSED Then OFF — this is the ATK high (failsafe) sensor
    If Time 13:00 to 11:59 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 120:00 Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks both. I wasn’t sure whether the If Time command worked across the midnight boundary and had forgotten about the Min Time needing adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk