Thread: What camera works? With everything, chrome, app, safari, edge, everything...

New User

Question What camera works? With everything, chrome, app, safari, edge, everything...

Does anyone have a camera that is set up and works with everything?

I can't even get a picture to show up. I like the idea of the webcam but there are so many problems...

Seems like this little media window is just a major source of frustration for everyone. What I would love to know, before I go buy a webcam, is what do you all have that is working on everything? I personally use the app on my iphone, edge on the windows tablet that Terrance suggested in his video, Chrome on a mac at the office, Safari on my laptop, etc...

And anyone who could tell me how to even get a picture to show up? I've tried the instagram urls, google drive links, dropbox, flickr, nothing works...

Thanks in advance!

Search through some of the threads in this section. There are quite a few experiences in here as far as cameras that will / won't work with Fusion. I know you would rather have ppl post here but that never seems to be the case.

I've got the MJPEG feed from an Amcrest IP cam that is viewable in all the browsers I've tried on PC, as well as Safari on iPhone. (Doesn't work in the iphone Fusion app, though.) MJPEG has limitations compared to true video streaming formats, but the big advantage is that it's very compatible. I've posted several times here giving details about exactly which cam I use and how I set it up, so you can search my post history for more info.

Clipboard01.jpg

As far as simple images, I upload those to imgur, and then paste the url into each media window using this format:

Clipboard01b.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg