Thread: DOS programming help

New User

DOS programming help

So I tried my First programming the other day, I wanted dos to shut off if pH was greater than 8.45. I copied what I thought was correct programming from manuals and then this happened.

So I moved on from that and set up another schedule that put in about 40mls a day. Did a water change Alk went to 7.8 so I turned off alk dos until it came down a bit. I checked parameters at 2 and must have hit the full on button cause the next thing you know i get an alarm that pH is spiking because dos dumped 200 mls.

what I would like to know is how to I program to prevent these large dumps. I would like it to stop at 20-30 mls max at one time. Also I would like to program so that it stops at pHa above 8.45.
    thanks (not sure if pics are posting or not)
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is no way to override or alert you when you put something in manual ON or OFF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That If Time line is not valid for use with DOS; you should use the wizard to create the dosing schedule.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I did use the wizard to set up schedule, I would like to add a fallback of off if pH rises too quickly, to interrupt the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1974 View Post
    I did use the wizard to set up schedule, I would like to add a fallback of off if pH rises too quickly, to interrupt the schedule
    You just add the pH line. The time line and the set line should not be used.

New User
    Is there also a way to change the maximum dose at one time. It seems to have a built in/programed default limit of 200ml which has has burnt me several times. There must be a way to change it

That is a hardcoded failsafe when you turn it to manual ON (dont ever turn the DOS to manual ON) so that when somebody inadvertently puts it into manual ON they have a chance of not nuking their tank but the amount is still large enough for something like a quick prime (profiles are better for this, but some people use ON for it anyway and shouldn't). You cannot customize that.

New User
    The strange thing that I can’t figure out is how it got turned on to beginn with. I had turned off dosing to allow my water change alk increase to equalize. I remember looking st my screen trying to figure out when to turn it back on and the next thing I know it dumped 200 mls in. This has happened before. It must be my fat fingers. But I’m trying to figure a way to prevent it from happening again