Thread: Program COR to adjust based on flow meter?

Frequent Visitor

Program COR to adjust based on flow meter?

Still very new to reef tanks and the APEX. I have 2 COR 20 pumps, one for the return and one that feeds my UV sterilizer. I have the COR on the UV to feed about 210 gph. I am still trying to balance the return COR with my overflows and have it running at about 650 gph per the flow meters. I think I need to either increase it a little and open the siphon drains a little more, or slow it down and close the siphon a little more.

I am hoping to program the return in a manner that I can manipulate the power by the flow meter. For example, rather than trying to adjust the pump a 1% or 2% and waiting to see what the flow rate goes to. I would rather adjust code to make it adjust the power if I set the limit at 600 gph or 700 gph and let the pump adjust itself until I find the right GPH for the return and my siphon drains. Is this possible?

You wont be able to let the programming find the right percentages for you, but you can program it to autocorrect (with steady state error) to reduce the effect of debris buildup or opening/closing valves on your manifold.

Heres an example. Let's say your target flow rate is 650 and under normal circumstances that takes 60 percent to achieve. Let's also say that you need to increase the percentage to 70% to achieve that flow rate with all manifold valves wide open and 50% with all manifold valves fully closed (flow sensor must be after all manifold valves and measuring flow into tank). You are willing to accept an error of up to +-20 gph from your target. The code would be.

Set 50
    If Flow < 660 Then 55
    If Flow < 650 Then 60
    If Flow < 640 Then 65
    If Flow < 630 Then 70
    (Any overrides like feed statements etc)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk