Thread: Radion Gen4pro mix up

NSI Member

Radion Gen4pro mix up

I just added 8 radion gen 4 pro's to the apex and some of them are recognized properly as gen 4, while others are recognized as a lower version. Meaning that some of the color options are missing from the wizard mode, the only way to program them is to go into basic view mode and manually change each number.

Which also leads into wasted time when I want to copy a change to all of the lights, I can't.

Has this been identified before? Is there an easy fix?

NSI Member
    Sorry, here's some visuals:

Notice that there's only 6 led color options on the bottom pic, but 8 for the top pic

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Take a look at this recent thread. Similar issue. I recommended updating the WXM RF module and that fixed it.
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Missing-Colors

Frequent Contributor
    On the Radions lights that are only showing the 6 channels that are G4Pros and should have 8 channels go into the output for that Radion and without changing any programming click on the gray save to Apex icon (Cloud icon). Now leave this page and come back and see if you have all 8 color channels
    Jon

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    Take a look at this recent thread. Similar issue. I recommended updating the WXM RF module and that fixed it.
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Missing-Colors
    I made sure that all the modules and lights were updated with the latest firmware before posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    On the Radions lights that are only showing the 6 channels that are G4Pros and should have 8 channels go into the output for that Radion and without changing any programming click on the gray save to Apex icon (Cloud icon). Now leave this page and come back and see if you have all 8 color channels
    No that didn't work.
    Some reason I can't do screen shots on my laptop. Here's what I discovered in the
    >Configuration >Module Setup,
    the radions that were having the issue had lower Rev numbers

For future reference, here's what I ended up doing.

Removed all of the radions from the WXM:
    **WARNING, this will clear all programs that were saved in those lights, be sure to copy and paste them to a word doc or something.**
    >Configuration >Module Setup
    half way down on the page, the box labeled "delete outlet:" I selected every radion (hindsight I assume I could've only deleted the ones that had the lower Rev numbers) and deleted them, some I had to delete twice because after I deleted "FtLtRad" it popped up as "Radion 3_24" which I had to delete a second time.

Then in >Configuration >Module Setup, the first box labeled "module configuration" I clicked on the drop down menu and selected the WXM that I wanted to attach the radions to.

Clicked "attach" in the "Attach Radion" box Waited about 2-3 minutes and all the radions were there with the higher Rev numbers.

Now I had the task of repopulating each light with the proper lighting schedule and everything is fixed!!!

Hope this helps those with the same problem in the future.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    I made sure that all the modules and lights were updated with the latest firmware before posting this.

No that didn't work.
    I'm glad to hear you got it worked out. However, just in case anyone else reads this thread in the future, I want to clarify to everyone that the WXM module has two types of updates:

1. The WXM Firmware Update -- This updates the firmware that's used to communicate with the Apex unit. This is launched by choosing "Update Software" from the Action dropdown menu.
    2. The WXM RF Update -- This updates the RF module inside the WXM that communicates wirelessly with the Ecotech lights and/or pumps. This is launched by choosing "Configure" from the Action dropdown menu, then clicking RF Update at the bottom.

If you have never run the RF Update, it's likely out of date and can cause issues with controlling your Ecotech devices. Neptune's instructions for this can be found here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...tructions1.pdf

Again, I just wanted to clarify this for others where the posted solution above might not work on their hardware.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Just had this same issue with one of my radions and doing the above steps fixed it. Never would have thought of uploading nothing to update the light but it worked.