Thread: Apex jr Power usage monitor?

Regular Vistor

Apex jr Power usage monitor?

I am new to the Apex world and I am looking to see if there is a monitor/log for power usage of the apex jr. Maybe on the Fusion site?
    I have an erratic gfi supplied outlet in my house. It is an old farm house converted into apartments. The outlet I swapped out "hot" because I could not locate the breaker supplying it. My landlord cannot indicate which one it is either.
    My problem started months ago (I have been in the apartment 13 years) and have had a GFI outlet with a reefkeeper elite on this circuit for probably 10 of those years. I just recently bought an apex Jr to replace the RKE and have had my gfi trip a handful of times within the last 6 months. The actual circuit breaker doesn't trip (hence the reason i cant find the supply breaker/cartridge fuse) but the gfi does and this is a first for me.
    I went out and bought a new GFI rated for outdoor use and damp areas, just in case I may had been splashing water when taking my hand out of the tank. It just tripped recently again for no apparent reason with the new one. There were no outlets on or scheduled to be on at that instance. I was getting ready to leave for work, heard a noise in the basement and then my whole system powered off , AGAIN! The funny thing is if it was overloaded the breaker at the source should trip, right? Well all i have to do is go reset the gfi and everything comes back on as normal.
    So i'm back to square one and I need to see what kind of amps I might be drawing from that outlet. I need to approach my landlord and really express the urgency of this as i have thousands of dollars invested in this hobby just as most of you do... Right now i have the equipment on an extension cord running across my floor to another, unprotected outlet at his request til he "talks" to a neighbor about it.

Any direction or help would be appreciated....

Thanks, Ryan

The Jr doesnt have power monitoring, you can enable heartbeat, but it wont tell you right away.

If your GFCI is tripping, it means one of your devices has an intermittant ground fault that you need to track down. One of your devices needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the quick reply sir.
    1) how and where can I enable heartbeat?
    2) can you recommend a place for me to start with tracking down an faulty/intermittent device?

In fusion setup -> heartbeat

If its intermittant, it's hard to troubleshoot. It's often heaters or pumps, so if you have any backups, start by swapping one with a backup and see if the problem stops.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thank you very much sir!