Thread: Apex 2016 alarms

New User

Apex 2016 alarms

Hi guys just wondering if someone can help, I got my alarms set on my apex but it only sends me one alarm and won’t send the others...these are my alarms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The apex will only send an alarm when the outlet changed from OFF to ON and recurring hourly until it clears. If multiple alarms are present, it will only send the one lowest in the programming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Consequently, it's best to put the least common / most serious ones lowest in the list, so that you at least see them even if some lesser problem is still in effect.

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Consequently, it's best to put the least common / most serious ones lowest in the list, so that you at least see them even if some lesser problem is still in effect.
    I now think that I am either confused by code priority or perhaps just semantics, by "lowest" you mean up at the top of the list not lower towards the bottom. I was led to believe that APEX starts at the top of your list and works downwards unless something below overrides any of the above.
    As an example on Mattserano list, if VO outlet Error ATK is ON then he will only get a warning on that and not another such as Opti2 is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    I now think that I am either confused by code priority or perhaps just semantics, by "lowest" you mean up at the top of the list not lower towards the bottom. I was led to believe that APEX starts at the top of your list and works downwards unless something below overrides any of the above.
    As an example on Mattserano list, if VO outlet Error ATK is ON then he will only get a warning on that and not another such as Opti2 is closed?
    Lowest as in bottom.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    I believe the confusion here is that the email alarm behaves differently than output programming. Output programming is evaluated from top to mottom and acts apon the last "true" condition in the program.

Russ please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the alarm evaluates from top to bottom but alerts on the first true condition and not the last.

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    I believe the confusion here is that the email alarm behaves differently than output programming. Output programming is evaluated from top to mottom and acts apon the last "true" condition in the program.

Russ please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the alarm evaluates from top to bottom but alerts on the first true condition and not the last.
    This is precisely what I am confused about!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    I believe the confusion here is that the email alarm behaves differently than output programming. Output programming is evaluated from top to bottom and acts upon the last "true" condition in the program.

The email output program is evaluated the same way as any other output.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

It's always the last true statement that will be displayed in your email or text. So it is quite possible to 'mask' an alarm condition alert by already having another one active that is lower (down) on the list.

For example, in OP's original post, none of the other alarm conditions will ever report as long as the Opti2 switch is closed; only that condition will be visible.