Thread: Wav - Tsunami

Former User

Wav - Tsunami

Came down the other morning to find water thrown out of tank and sand bed disturbed at one end and rear of the tank to the extent that all I could see was a bare bottom. Appeared to have been a surge with my RH Wav which wasn't in the programme. The Wav had just been cleaned for the first time since installation. Other Wav no problems. Turned suspect Wav off and now looks like my purple firefish may have disappeared presumably somewhere under the mass of sand that built up in some areas.
    I have attached the photos of the relevant graphs and would be interested in peoples ideas on what may have caused this.
    You can see where the surge occurs and then drops back down and where I then switch the Wav off

Nervous to switch suspect Wav back on.

fullsizeoutput_738.jpgfullsizeoutput_736.jpgfullsizeoutput_737.jpg

It would be helpful to know what times that sudden rise and then the drop in the FLO graph happened.

Did you change any programming recently?

Your programming is essentially invalid. You have Pulse, Malibu, and Mavericks modes configured to run at 1%. Pulse alternates between 1% and the configured intensity. Since your configured intensity is 1%, you are telling it to Pulse between 1% and 1% - in effect, it’s just running at 1% all the time that Pulse mode is active. Similarly, Malibu is a complex mode which changes the pump speed frequently. Since 1% is the WAV’s minimum intensity, and you have it configured for Malibu with a max of 1%, it too is basically running at a constant speed of 1%. The same applies to your use of Mavericks. In a nutshell, your left WAV is just running at 1% constant speed 7/24.

Your use of Inverse is incorrect too. Inverse is meant to be used with those modes which have a pattern of changing speeds - Pulse, Pipeline, Malibu, Mavericks, Trestles, and Rincon. Constant mode has no pattern, so there’s nothing to do the inverse of; do not use Inverse with Constant mode.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Former User
    Hell Russ and thanks for taking a look at this. Feeling slightly embarrassed but more of that later.

Heres some screenshots of the rise and fall. Seems to rise at midnight and fall at 07:15. The rise and fall before that are when I had the right WAV switched off for cleaning and then the fall in the morning is me switching the right WAV off as aprecaution.

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.28.29.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.28.58.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.29.09.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.29.33.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.29.56.png

I had both WAV's running the same programme as left WAV and then like always after cleaning everything seems to produce so much more flow(not sure why there is such a significant increase as only about 6 weeks since last clean when they were new). So I decided to put the right WAV on inverse (silly me). I am aware of the limitations of using inverse with some modes but for some reason just forgot. Don't quite follow your explanation as to why the left WAV is just running constant.

I have to run at 1% because of the tank size - only 300 litres and about 1 metre long. Anything higher is just too much.

Any suggestions you may have on a programme for such a tank would be greatly appreciated. They are on diagonally opposite ends of the tank.

Many thanks

Looks like your inverse of constant is probably the problem. That lines right up with where flo went way up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Former User
    Yes, guess you are right. My mistake. Running two WAV's on this size of tank is just too much so I have just left one running.