Thread: FMM locking up

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar

FMM locking up

I have 3 FMM modules. One of them is dedicated to flow sensors with 3 x 1/2" sensors and 1 x 1" sensor. It's been running fine for 3 months, but in the past two weeks it has locked up twice. All my flow sensor readings dropped to 0 at the same time, and the FMM module showed up as Disconnected in Fusion. I disconnected the AquaBus cables and reconnected them, then the readings came back online. The 2nd time this happened, then FMM module still showed connected in Fusion, but Fusion said I have 1 new tile (it was one of the 1/2" sensors), and the LED on the FMM module was red. I again unplugged the AquaBus cables and reconnected them, then the sensors resumed their normal readings. I had to drag the 1/2" sensor tile back to my dashboard.

My other two FMM modules (one for leak detectors & optical sensors in my sump, the other for optical sensors in my mixing station) are both working fine. Think this problematic FMM is defective?

15 minutes after I reset the FMM, now it shows Disconnected again in Fusion, and a new FMM module showed up with a new AquaBus address.

I'm opening a ticket with Neptune Support.

Is your module firmware current? Have you manually set each flow sensor to the proper flow sensor size, rather than using auto detect?

Another thing you could try is using a different aquabus cable, or connecting the cable to a different other module (should make no difference, typically.)

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Is your module firmware current? Have you manually set each flow sensor to the proper flow sensor size, rather than using auto detect?

Another thing you could try is using a different aquabus cable, or connecting the cable to a different other module (should make no difference, typically.)
    Yes, all my modules and the Apex have the latest firmware. The FMM is configured manually for the 1/2" and 1" flow sensors.

Neptune Support called me back and they think one of the flow sensors may be faulty and causing the FMM to lock up. They instructed me to unplug all the sensors and then only connect a single sensor for a few days to see if the problem recurs. Then try the next sensor and repeat. If it locks up, then they will examine the suspect sensor. This could take a couple weeks, but it's worth a shot.