Thread: Sorry but I have to ask

New User

Sorry but I have to ask

If I have the AI Prime HD light is it ok to program an outlet to be always on as the HD version is not Apex ready?

NSI Member
    You don't have to use an Apex controlled outlet if you don't want to, but if you do just program it to be on all the time and program your light accordingly. Prime control through 2016 Apex is coming soon.

Regular Vistor
    I elected not to place mine on the apex. I didn’t see any reason to tie up two outlets when the AI app can do everything for the lights an apex could do. Eventually when Apex releases updates that support the Prime HDs I might reconsider, but you could use those outlets for better things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_M. View Post
    Eventually when Apex releases updates that support the Prime HDs I might reconsider, but you could use those outlets for better things!
    You won't need to use any EB outlets to control your Prime HD schedules directly from your Apex. In fact for most people no hardware changes should be necessary at all.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    You won't need to use any EB outlets to control your Prime HD schedules directly from your Apex. In fact for most people no hardware changes should be necessary at all.
    Am I understanding this correctly that the Apex will talk to the prime wirelessly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_M. View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly that the Apex will talk to the prime wirelessly?
    Yes; the Apex communicates with and controls the AI Prime, Prime HD, Hydra 26HD, or Hydra 52 HD lights through your Network.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Yes; the Apex communicates with and controls the AI Prime, Prime HD, Hydra 26HD, or Hydra 52 HD lights through your Network.
    Oh sweet!

Can’t wait for that update to come out!