Thread: EB832 Question.... 1Link & 24VDC Power Tracking

EB832 Question.... 1Link & 24VDC Power Tracking

I have looked through the forum and the guide for the EB832 ( https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...B832_Guide.pdf ) but I have a few questions about the power monitoring. The 1Link and 24VDC ports are limited to 100 Watts. While I know the outputs power consumption is monitored and can be coded against can we do the same for the 1Link and 24VDC ports?
    Is there a way to get the EB832 to show power usage for those as well?

Thx..

Quote Originally Posted by cypherljk View Post
    IlIs there a way to get the EB832 to show power usage for those as well?
    No, there isn’t.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Nope, but it sure would be nice if they added a way to track it by manually inputting amps/watts usage for estimation purposes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    @RussM Is this planned for the future? I'm also in the boat of wishing I could see the power consumption from the WAV pumps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wsoldier View Post
    @RussM Is this planned for the future? I'm also in the boat of wishing I could see the power consumption from the WAV pumps. Thanks.
    There is no plan to add that capability of which I am aware. And it would be of limited benefit anyway because in typical usage, WAVs are frequently (if not constantly varying in speed), and therefore logging the power consumption at fixed intervals would be of dubious value at best and completely incorrect & misleading at worst. Let's look at a simple case to illustrate... A WAV is being used in Pipeline mode, which turns the pump off and on at the configured intensity at fixed intervals. Let's say you have the periodicity set to 30 seconds (30s OFF, 30s ON). The Apex, by default, logs input values every 10 minutes. So, data logging coincides with every 10th cycle of the WAV's Pipeline mode. Depending on the timing of when the WAV starts, the data might consistently get logged every 10 minutes while the WAV is in the OFF state (showing what appears to be just a couple of watts of power consumption), or could consistently get logged while the WAV is in the ON state (giving the impression that overall power consumption is much higher than it actually is). Either scenario would give you misleading results.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Fair enough. I can understand the inaccuracies associated with the WAVs, but if there is an expansion of devices that can connect to the EB832 in this fashion, I would think it'd be useful at some point.

In any case, thanks for the quick response.

Frequent Visitor
    @RussM Are you saying the 10 minute log(default) or whatever interval you pick is a point in time and not some cumulative register? I guess if it is, it is, but, I would think that especially with the new Apex hardware they would have used a small amount of memory to keep the register value when they poll the outlet program and then dump that register as an average. I know it's apples and oranges, but, I do a lot of SNMP polling and most of the devices keep an average, peak and trough for the interval. I'd be disappointed to think in 2016 Neptune didn't give some consideration. Obviously even a heater may miss the 10min mark multiple times and the single pole every 10 minutes would be potentially very misleading.

Frequent Visitor
    I'd like a way to include the power usage of my 24v and 1link ports when looking looking at the combined (and comparison) power log and costs - is there a way to do that?

I run the Trident and 2 DOS via 1link; GRO and stand light via 24v.