Thread: WXM and MP60 - "Missing"

Regular Vistor

WXM and MP60 - "Missing"

I have a Full Neptune Apex system on my 300 gallon tank.. 3 EB8, PM1, PM2 and a WXM module.

I have 5 Ecotech products connected to the WXM: two MP60's and 3 MP40's.

All of the MP40's and one of the MP60's (the master) have no issues are are continually connected to the WXM without issue. The MP60 master is around 6 foot away from the WXM and remains connected.

The one MP60 I have programmed to be connected as a slave to the master keeps going missing from the WXM. It's about two feet from the WXM module.
    This usually occurs after the Apex resets itself or during a quick power outage. Even without a reset / poweroutage - the MP60 goes missing for no good reason I can think of.

I'm currently running everything on channel one at the moment. All Vortechs are quietdrives - purchased new between 2016 /2017.

Any tips? Might I be due for a replacement WXM or replacement MP60? What's worked for you when you had this problem?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Sounds like the RF chip in the mp60 driver more than anything. Once I dropped one of my mp40 drivers and I notices the white "W" light went off. I opened the drive and found that the RF chip had become dislodged. I can only think of a couple options here as I am sure you've cleared everything and started over with that many MP's you're probably pretty experienced.

1. Take apart the guilty mp60 and make sure the RF chip is firmly seated on the drivers' board.
    2. Try changing the WXM module to the other channel and reattach all of your gear. I wouldn't think this would matter since only one MP is acting up, but it's just a thought.
    3. If the above fails, I think contacting Ecotech would be the better option as I don't think the WXM is the issue considering it's isolated to only one mp.
    Chad