Thread: Skimmer Outlet Programming

Frequent Visitor

Skimmer Outlet Programming

I am doing this as more of a test of programming attempts as my tank has no livestock yet....

After seeing similar skimmer posts and programming here is what I did, but it didn't turn on after updating code and turning the outlet to AUTO. My pump was on and it was during the allotted programming hours. So why didn't it turn on? (If I pout the outlet to on, then yes the skimmer turns on)

Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    If Time 06:00 to 20:00 Then ON
    If Output RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then OFF
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

There isnt value in turning the skimmer off at night, so I would get rid of the time line and use Set ON

It's probably not turning on because you likely enabled power monitoring when you shouldn't have. A lot of people think that refers to amps and watts monitoring, but what it actually does is change the behavior of the if Power Apex statement to be based off the 12V aux power input for UPS applications.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    There isnt value in turning the skimmer off at night, so I would get rid of the time line and use Set ON

It's probably not turning on because you likely enabled power monitoring when you shouldn't have. A lot of people think that refers to amps and watts monitoring, but what it actually does is change the behavior of the if Power Apex statement to be based off the 12V aux power input for UPS applications.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    As I said I am doing this as more of a test to figure out how to program the APEX. I dont intend on turning the skimmer off once the tank is stocked, but it is a piece of equipment that will have no adverse effect at this stage of my tank setup if I mess up the programming.

Can you please help me find where the power monitoring option is, I do believe I did turn it on, but now cant find the option.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    Nevermind, just found it under Misc. Setup. The code appears to be working correctly now.