Thread: Neptune Systems OmniGraffle Stencils

New User

Post Neptune Systems OmniGraffle Stencils

If you’re a planner, like me, and are on a Mac, you might be keen to plan out (or document) your Apex setup using a tool like OmniGraffle.

After tearing down my tricked out BioCube before moving cross-country, I started planning my next build and found it really helpful to be able to map out the connections and such to make sure I had enough cables, available ports, etc. Here’s my current plan:

Given that I’ve learned so much from others here on the forums, I thought I’d pay it forward and share the stencils I’ve created. It’s not exhaustive, but I have most of the Neptune gear in there:

• 2016 Head Unit,
    • ATK
    • COR 15 & COR 20,
    • DOS,
    • DDR,
    • EB832,
    • FMM,
    • PMUP,
    • WAV,
    • VDM,
    • WXM,
    • and various color-coded cables, probes, sensors, etc.

All are set up with the right number of magnets for the different cable attachment points (which are also labeled).

If it’s missing something you need, shoot me over the info (look, ports, etc.) and I will add it to the stencil set as I have the time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would plug the FMM and 1link in the wall rather than an EB outlet. As you have it, blowing the breaker on the EB832 would kill all flow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Very cool. I use Microsoft Visio for most of my diagramming. Has anyone seen (or created) Visio stencils for Apex modules?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would plug the FMM and 1link in the wall rather than an EB outlet. As you have it, blowing the breaker on the EB832 would kill all flow.
    Fair point :-)

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    Very cool. I use Microsoft Visio for most of my diagramming. Has anyone seen (or created) Visio stencils for Apex modules?
    Did anyone ever respond about the visio shapes?
    Thanks,
    t

Quote Originally Posted by t951 View Post
    Thanks,
    t
    No, and I still haven't found any Visio stencils online.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by t951 View Post
    Thanks,
    t
    This search has 16 links to what appear to be Apex shapes:

[link removed]

BUT, it looks like you need to pay for the access...

Happy charting!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiata View Post
    BUT, it looks like you need to pay for the access...
    This wording caught my eye. I checked - Several of those sites were of questionable integrity, to put it mildly. I removed the link.

Frequent Visitor
    Aaron, can you clarify on some of your wiring: you are showing "black" power cords going from the EB832 to your 1link and FMM, and "orange" Aquabus cables going to them as well. The 1Link and FMM don't have power cords that plug into a 3-prong outlet, so that is my first point of confusion. Also, won't the Aquabus cable supply the needed power and data to these 2 units?

Thank you very much for the great diagram that helped to organize hoe the system works.

Quote Originally Posted by marineboy View Post
    Aaron, can you clarify on some of your wiring: you are showing "black" power cords going from the EB832 to your 1link and FMM, and "orange" Aquabus cables going to them as well. The 1Link and FMM don't have power cords that plug into a 3-prong outlet, so that is my first point of confusion. Also, won't the Aquabus cable supply the needed power and data to these 2 units?

Thank you very much for the great diagram that helped to organize hoe the system works.
    Both the FMM and 1Link modules have 24v power adapters to power pumps or other high-draw devices. The AquaBus cable provides enough power for the module, but not for the plug-in accessories for those modules. Looks like he just used the EB832 like a traditional power strip for those power bricks. That works fine as long as the EB832 outlets are always on, though it is a waste of a controllable outlet unless you have no alternate way to plug in the power adapters.

Frequent Visitor
    Why do think the Diagram has black power cords going from the 3-prong outlet to the 1link and FMM instead of a 24v connector?
    Mistake? Just using the 3-prong outlet to signify power?

Quote Originally Posted by marineboy View Post
    Why do think the Diagram has black power cords going from the 3-prong outlet to the 1link and FMM instead of a 24v connector?
    Mistake? Just using the 3-prong outlet to signify power?
    You are missing the point. The 1Link and FMM modules each need 120v to 24v power adapter bricks. These are 2-prong adapters that convert the 120v AC to 24v DC needed to supply the module accessories like pumps, solenoids, powerheads, etc.

210693-fmm-power-supply-neptune-systems.jpg

New User
    Yep, what @SuncrestReef said.

I did change one thing though: the power supply for the 1Link now goes to the wall. I did that on the recommendation of a few folks so I don't lose flow of the EB832 ever blows a fuse.

Frequent Visitor
    I got it! Thank you. The Neptune system has a lot of nuances that come with time, reading manuals, and help from fellow reefers. So thanks again.

FYI- Here is a picture of my control board that I am currently working on.

IMG_0331.jpg

New User
    Lovely! I wish I had that kind of room. All of my stuff is in the cabinet of a Reefer 170. As such, I had to shelve the DŌS units & DDRs, replacing them with a GHL Doser 2.1 and a 3-chamber dosing container.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you. I actually got the inspiration to do this after seeing your layout, looking at the current retail products available, and looking at some other reefers projects. If there is interest, I'll be happy to share with anyone the steps I took to get to this point along with a few pics.