Thread: ATK not working properly

New User

ATK not working properly

I can't figure out why my ATK is not working all of a sudden. I've confirmed that when I manually switch it to "on" that water does flow from the reservoir to the sump. I've also confirmed that the Apex Fusion correctly switches the ATK-L from Closed to Open when the water level falls below the low point. I haven't changed the programming but that should be double checked below as well. Also... I understand most of the programming lines, but could someone explain how the "Defer" lines work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Defer 000:10 Then On -- This means that once ATK-L is Open for at least 10 consecutive seconds, then turn on the pump.

Defer 000:04 Then Off -- This means that once ATK-H is Closed for at least 4 consecutive seconds, then turn the pump off.

These two Defer commands are to allow for slight ripples in the water opening and closing the sensors before the water level is definitely above or below the sensors.

The other important part is the Min Time 060:00 Then Off statement. This means that once the pump turns off, don't allow it to run again until 60 minutes later. So if you're testing it manually and then turn it off and back to Auto, it's not going to do anything for 1 hour, even if the water level is low.

The defer lines are filters to make sure the apex is "sure" that the optical sensor has actually changed state and isnt just a quick spike. Its says the other code must be continuously ON before it will start and continuously OFF before it will stop.

The min time says if this outlet was on in the past 60 minutes, delay start until 60 minutes have passed since the last fill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks. Then I'm still at a loss of why the ATO isn't turning on when the ATK-L switches from Closed to Open. I can clean the sensors to see if that does the trick. Any other suggestions?

You have to wait an hour from the last time it turned on including a manual ON.

New User
    It's been days.

Is your ATK-High showing closed?

New User
    Yes, it is.

That's why it isnt working then. Reseat the connector and see if it will show open.

New User
    Thanks, I missed that. I was focused on the ATK-L and didn't realize that ATK-H should show as Open if the water level is lower than the high point. I'll try that.

New User
    After cleaning the ATK high sensor, the auto top off appears to be working. However, it is turning on just about every hour for only 6 to 10 seconds. Does that sound optimal?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcMV1 View Post
    After cleaning the ATK high sensor, the auto top off appears to be working. However, it is turning on just about every hour for only 6 to 10 seconds. Does that sound optimal?
    That's typical for smaller tanks. If you want it do occur less often for longer fills, you can increase the 4 second defer then off to like 10 seconds or you could increase the min time.