Thread: Cor20 goes to full blast temporarily after power outage causes loss of communication?

New User

Cor20 goes to full blast temporarily after power outage causes loss of communication?

Hey folks, wondering if anyone has had this issue -

A few times after a power outage, when my Cor20 return pump gets power back after a power interruption, the pump will kick on at full blast. I have had this happen a couple times where I came home to a jacuzzi situation happening in my tank (it's only a 45g so it can't handle that kind of flow and was pushing some water out of the tank!).

I thought I had solved the issue by hardwiring my Apex to my router via ethernet instead of using less reliable wireless extender. However, when power went out last night and then came back on, it must have taken several minutes for communication to be restored to the Cor20. I am assuming that based on the evidence since I wasn't awake when it happened:

Around 4am a high pH alarm triggered, as well as a power loss alarm, and my ATO had clearly dumped a good bit of kalk laden ATO water into the tank (pH went from 8 to 8.4 in 10 minutes). The ATO got triggered because when the pump went to full blast, it lowered the water level in the sump)

I need a better solution for this in the future so I don't overflow my tank or crash it due to kalk overdose...
    Is there a way to program it in fallback mode to run at it's set RPM rather than going to full blast?

Frequent Visitor
    Is Fallback set to Off?

It sounds to me like you did not set the COR IQ Level settings properly. Did you run the COR Task in APEX Fusion? If not, do that, and then your programming, including the Fallback intensity will be set correctly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Fallback is set to Off... is that wrong?

I did go through the IQ set up, but maybe I did it wrong? I am not even using feed mode right now, because the pump is turning all the way off instead of going to the min speed setting.

Fallback OFF is fine. That would not result in the behavior you experienced. IQ settings sound like the most likely culprit. I would also update the COR firmware to take that out of the equation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I did do a firmware update and thought that would solve the issue but I guess not. I'll run through the IQ traps again and see where it gets me.