Thread: Need another Powerbar

New User

Need another Powerbar

I am new to the Apex world and have the Apex with the 832 energy bar. I ran out of outlets and need to order another energy bar. Do you know which one I need to order and how to link it to the existing Apex.
    Thank you for any help.

Not knowing your specific needs, no one can tell you which you *need* to order, since all you said was that you are out of outlets. Adding another EnergyBar 832 would most likely be the best option in general - the two older EnergyBar models you could use, the EnergyBar 8 and EnergyBar 4, may be suitable for your needs, but they do not have the same capabilities, for example, the older EB8 and EB4 do not have per-outlet amps/watts monitoring and do not have the 1LINK & DC24 outputs built into the EB832.

Regardless of which EB model you decide upon, all you need to do it plug its power cord into a power source (which should not be another EnergyBar), connect the included Aquabus cable to the new EB and to any available Aquabus port on your Apex system, then program the new outputs as needed.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I use EB4s to supplement my EB832. One unique feature of the EB4 is that it has one outlet that is rated for 12 amps, higher than any single outlet on any other EB, and potentially useful for high current draw devices like a chiller.

Regular Vistor
    @rkpetersen can you tell me wish outlet has that capacity of 12 amps on the EB4 or in the EB8 wish one has 10 amps

Quote Originally Posted by CUBAN REEFER View Post
    @rkpetersen can you tell me wish outlet has that capacity of 12 amps on the EB4 or in the EB8 wish one has 10 amps
    Outlet 3 on the EB4 is 12 amps. You can confirm this by looking at the EB4 as it has the max amperage listed for each outlet.
    Outlet 4 and 8 on the EB8 are 10 amps and mechanical relays. This is also listed on the label next to the outlets.

New User
    [QUOTE=steedjce;148570]I am new to the Apex world and have the Apex with the 832 energy bar. I ran out of outlets and need to order another energy bar. Do you know which one I need to order and how to link it to the existing Apex.
    Thank you for any help.[/QUOTe

For me i have multiple things pluged on the power bar, i honestly doubt that u need another bar !!!
    For example i have 2 heater 300 w on the same outlet, 2 retirn pump on another one and 1 pump 1 air bubler for my automated water change, and 2 refugium lights on another one !!
    Each outlet are good for almost 900 watts
    So i use a little 4 slot power bar plug in 1 outlet makes you a 4 unit in one so if i need to make works multiple unit for the same needs it work perfectly !!