Thread: EB832, Outlets 7 and 8 off and missing in Fusion

New User

EB832, Outlets 7 and 8 off and missing in Fusion

I'm setting up my new Apex. The LEDs indicate outlets 7 and 8 are and always have been off. Unlike my other 6 outlets I cannot see outlets 7 and 8.

I know they're preprogrammed to be refugium lighting and cooler but shouldn't I be able to change this?

Find the tiles for them; they may be in the hidden 'Tiles' sections shown by clicking on the lock icon at the upper right in Fusion. Then drag them to the dash, close the hidden tiles area, and configure each tile. Another way to see the outlets is to go the Outputs page in Fusion (electrical outlet icon at top after clicking on the multiple gears Expand icon). The Outputs page will list all of your EB832 outlets, and you can click on each one to program/configure it.

New User
    Yea, they weren't there.

Turns out I had to force an update on my EB8 module. It said up to date but when I did an update anyways, they showed up.

Glad it worked out. That's something that has worked to fix problems before for me as well - update a module that was supposedly already up to date. I presume it repairs any firmware corruption that might have crept in.

New User

Same Issue.. Output tiles not available.

Quote Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
    Yea, they weren't there.

Turns out I had to force an update on my EB8 module. It said up to date but when I did an update anyways, they showed up.
    I am having the same issue with a new Apex. How did you force this update? Like yours everything says the firmware is up to date.

Go to the Modules page and select the EB832. In the Action menu, choose Update Software then click the Update Apex (cloud) button.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Go to the Modules page and select the EB832. In the Action menu, choose Update Software then click the Update Apex (cloud) button.
    Thank you Russ. Much Appreciated. That did it.

New User
    Thanks for this thread. I thought my PMUP was dead. Turns out the outlets were not on despite having all updated. I sent a new update and the tiles came up. Turned them on and my PMUP worked. Saved me frustration. Thanks again!

Regular Vistor
    Just wanted to say THANK YOUU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this little thread here - I just had my Apex go haywire and stop outputting on 4 different EB8 outputs, one of which it just completely deleted from existence (my return).

After some rather stressful troubleshooting figuring out what was going on and failed attempts at rebooting the Apex or power cycling the entire tank, I did some research and came across this thread. My EB8 as well reported the FW was all up to date, but clearly there was something wrong, as soon as I pushed a new FW update on it everything sprung back to life and I can breath a little easier again.

Still rather disconcerting to have something like this happen to the tank controller that is supposed to make my life easier and less stressful for traveling for work! Thank goodness I was home tonight! Even though all the outputs were programmed to "fallback ON", 3 of them were inactive even though they reported ON (except the one that didn't exist anymore in the dashboard, it did report as off on the EB8).

I suspect this FW issue with the EB8 had something to do with the FW update I performed on the Apex several weeks ago. The EB8 must have not been updated properly in the process of updating the controller I'm guessing? Maybe I'll go push an update on my other FMM modules and stuff, just to be sure they're fresh.

Regular Vistor
    Update - I ended up having problems with my EB832 a couple times in the day following my first FW update to the EB832. First time I just tried updating again through Apex Fusion and it got everything working again, but with slightly less confidence. That was ~24hrs after the original update. Then like 6 hours later it started acting up again, almost like once it shut an output off that it wouldn't turn back on, or it would shut others off for some reason, even though the led indicators would still always function. Same behavior every time it was "acting up" (No the circuit breaker never tripped).

After the 3rd time of it acting up the FW update via Fusion was no longer resolving anything. I opened a ticket with neptune support and got the ball rolling there, they sent me instructions for performing a "hard update", but before I tried that I simply tried updating the EB832 once again but via Apex.Local - BOOM back in business baby! It's been working for a couple days since then without hiccup *knocks on wood*.

I think doing anything FW or calibration related via Apex Local is the way go to. I've had several difficulties resolved with my 2016 Apex through using Apex Local.