Thread: Needed: Code help - Alert me if power usage is high during a specific timeframe

New User

Needed: Code help - Alert me if power usage is high during a specific timeframe

Hi All,

I have a Kessil AP700 running my reef. I want to write code to tell me if my light is on in the middle of the night judging from power usage. The light turns off at 10PM and back on at 10:15 am. If it's drawing anything MORE than 30 Watts during this time period I want to know. I've gotten OK with the coding, but have not used time as a parameter. Any help would be appreciated.

In case you're interested in elaboration: I had a power outage while I was gone on vacation once. When I got home I noticed my lighting schedule had shifted. I assume this is because the AP700 was out cold. Turned back on and just went into a default mode which lit the tank during night hours. I do know if there is a power outage as I get an alert. And next time this happens I will know to check to see how the light is functioning once power is restored. However I would love for there to be a specific alert should the light be drawing more watts than usual during OFF hours so that I can manually shut the light down and alleviate any potential issues. Thanks for any help.

Create a VO

LightProb
    Set OFF
    If Output LightName Watts > 30 Then ON
    If Time 22:00 to 10:15 Then OFF

Email
    If Output LightProb = ON Then ON

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thank you for the reply. I believe that "VO" refers to Virtual Outlet? I'm not sure I understand the fundamentals of a VO. I suppose that the name you want me to create for the VO is "lightprob" which stands for light problem. I am trying to figure out the code. Appears that you are saying that if the outlet the light is plugged into (Kessil is the name I currently use) is pulling more than 30 watts then ON. What does the ON refer to in this case? I assume the next line of code relates directly to the preceeding. So it would say that if the light is pulling these watts between 10pm and 10:15am then turn the light off. Is this correct?

The email code is written in the same VO? This simply means that if the light is on, then email me? Thank you for the clarification.

Virtual outlets are just an intermediate programming step. Click the add virtual outlet button in the outlets page to create it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk