Thread: Connected Apex 2016 to Classic via Aquabus

Regular Vistor

Connected Apex 2016 to Classic via Aquabus

I foolishly connected my new 2016 Apex with my production Classic. Things went haywire, I disconnected the Aquabus. Most things returned to normal from what I can see, except a single EB8 (I have 4 of them). This problematic EB8 controls my lights. There are 4 outlets, 3 halides and 1 T5. Two outlets appear to be ok, two do not. Of those two, 1 will not power on, the other stays powered on. I disconnected power and aquabus cables from this EB8 to no effect. I re-uploaded or programmed the outlet in Fusion to no effect.

Any suggestions on resetting these outlets?
    Could I have possibly caused more problems by connecting these Apex's via the Aquabus cable? I have not connected to the new Apex yet so am not sure of its status.

I am now reading all the documentation on migrating here in the forum. Thanks for putting that together. I should have come here first.

Hydroponics Guy
    I had an AquaBus event last week. Not sure what happened, but it knocked out the Apex, 2 EB832's, PM2, 2 FMM's, 2 1LNK's, an ASM, and even the BoB. I had to send everything to Neptune. They are still diagnosing this. The reason I'm telling you all this is as part of the trouble shooting I had to reset the APEX to factory settings (hold in the reset button until the "N" lights up Red. That is where you start. After that, the only reset on the EB832 is a small circuit breaker button. I suspect the EB8 has a similar button. I would unplug the unit for a hour or so (to dissipate any electricity stored in the circuits of the EB8). Then plug it in while holding the circuit breaker and then release it. This may not work to reset the outlets, but at least you will have tried everything you can. If still no luck, it's time to open a support ticket. Sorry.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks. It turns out the EB8 just got a reassigned number when the Apex 2016 was removed. No harm done, just some confusion.