Thread: Emergency Drain notification

Frequent Visitor

Emergency Drain notification

I have a 2" flow sensor hooked to my emergency drain which always has zero flow.
    What code should I use on my email notification outlet in case it ever gets flow in the event of a blockage in the primary and secondary return pipes?
    Thanks

Force a failure by intentionally clogging the main drain a little bit and see what flow registers. Pick a number probably 3/4 of the way between that value and zero.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    You should have a tile for your 2" flow sensor. You can click on the gear associated with the tile. Then go to advanced and you can set a minimum and maximum range for email notification.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefcowboy View Post
    I have a 2" flow sensor hooked to my emergency drain which always has zero flow.
    What code should I use on my email notification outlet in case it ever gets flow in the event of a blockage in the primary and secondary return pipes?
    Thanks
    If it's always zero you could put anything greater than 0 to sub for YYY and NAME is the name you gave the Flo sensor.
    If NAME > YYY Then ON.

I have a concern, and that's that if you ever send junk down the emergency drain, it may jamb up (calcify, etc) and stay 0 when you need it, so you may want to consider YYY to be 001 and also flushing the sensor with some RODI water periodically or at least after every alert that it have saltwater flow.

The better way is actually to just install a couple floats/opticals in the overflow chamber. One to check when the emergency drain is active and 1 to check if both clogged and shut the return off.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The better way is actually to just install a couple floats/opticals in the overflow chamber. One to check when the emergency drain is active and 1 to check if both clogged and shut the return off.

If the float gets wet then drys they jam the same way the 2" FLO will, however, since the 2" FLO will have a great deal of pressure behind it, its' much more likely to break free than a float, but, neither is fool proof. An optical sensor uses depends on light to reflect back from clean glass, which is highly unlikely in an overflow unless it's cleaned every time it get wet. The above said, the OP asked for code to accomplish his task, neither is code.