Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOTA - Maxspect Gyres

Frequent Visitor

IOTA - Maxspect Gyres

This question may be pre-mature, but I am close to Purchasing 1 or 2 of the Maxspect Gyre 250, but wanted to ask, before I purchased anything, if the IoTA is close on these? If I buy 2, I would hate to spend $240 on 2 of their Apex Interface Modules, only to find out I don't/or won't need them in the future. I am happy to wait if it means not having to spend $240 on Modules. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Nothing has been announced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    what is IOTA?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imfsub12 View Post
    what is IOTA?
    Please read the announcement for the new AOS - it's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Maxspect won't directly state it is coming, but unless something drastic screws up it should eventually hit Apex via the ICV6 control module. There is currently gyre control support through the SynaG iOS/Android app (ICV6), and we know that the lighting portion of the ICV6 functionality is being worked on for IOTA with Apex.

I am hedging my bets that it will happen, for what it's worth.

Is ICV6 support for the Gyre actually available now? I thought it was still in development.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Is ICV6 support for the Gyre actually available now? I thought it was still in development.
    It's been in Syna-G for a few months - at least in the iOS version of the app.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    iOS and android both have gyre support. Initial release was strictly for the built in programming, but it now handles user created profiles too.

Well that's excellent. lol, I actually have an ICV6 that I haven't even taken out of the box; been expecting an LFS employee I know to tell me when Gyre support appeared but I guess he missed it.

Off to play with a new toy...

Regular Vistor
    I told you the ICV6 supported the Gyre,, but you convinced me I was wrong lol!

Frequent Visitor
    So, theoretically, if I wanted to get (2) Maxspect Gyre 250s, without Direct APEX Control through IOTA, Right now, I would need to buy:
    1-Gyre 250 w/advanced Controller @ $340
    1-Gyre 250 Pump only @ $160
    2-Gyre Interface Moudules @ $130 each
    for a total of $760

If the IOTA becomes reality, what would I need to purchase?

I am thinking I would need the following:
    For a total of $500

I don't think I would need anything else, as my understanding is that once the functionality is added the APEX would talk IOTA to the gyres wirelessly (without the need for the ICV6).

If that is the case, I don't mind buying the Gyres now, and waiting for the functionality, and if it doesn't happen, then down the road I can buy the Gyre modules.

What I want to avoid is buying the Gyres and then finding out that I need a new version of the Gyres to work with IOTA. However, reading through this thread, that doesn't seem like a likely scenario.

I know that nobody knows, until it happens, but can anyone confirm that I am on the right track? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tklb View Post
    ...as my understanding is that once the functionality is added the APEX would talk IOTA to the gyres wirelessly (without the need for the ICV6).
    The Gyres do not have Wi-Fi. The ICV6 will be necessary to provide the network interface between the Apex and the pump controller. It’ll be the same as with the Maxspect Ethereal LED light control Neptune has already demoed- Apex talks to ICV6 across your home network, ICV6 talks to Maxspect lights using a form of wireless communications which is not Wi-Fi.

Frequent Visitor
    @RussM Thank you very much. Exactly the info I needed. So for now I will get the 2 Gyres and the Advanced Controller. Later on, I can decide between the 2 Modules (@$130 Each) or the ICV6 @$50, depending on if the Gyre/IOTA becomes a reality.

So, theoretically, if I wanted to get (2) Maxspect Gyre 250s, without Direct APEX Control through IOTA, Right now, I would need to buy:
    Got your numbers wrong...

2-Gyre 250 Pump only @ $160 each
    2-24V Power Supplies. @ $13 each
    for a total of $606 + tax

1-24V Power Supply. @ $13
    For a total of $513 + tax

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Got your numbers wrong...

2-Gyre 250 Pump only @ $160
    for a total of $580

For a total of $500

I think I need to get one of the 2 Gyre 250s with the Advanced Controller, or else I won't have the Power Supply I need, unless I am missing something. Here is the note with the Gyre 250 (Pump ONly)
    Note - The XF250 Gyre Pump Only does not include the Advanced Controller or Power Supply which is required for use.

So I think in either scenario I need

I think I need to get one of the 2 Gyre 250s with the Advanced Controller, or else I won't have the Power Supply I need, unless I am missing something. Here is the note with the Gyre 250 (Pump ONly)
    Note - The XF250 Gyre Pump Only does not include the Advanced Controller or Power Supply which is required for use.

So I think in either scenario I need
    https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Conve.../dp/B078RY7BPL

You dont need to spend 180 on a controller to get one power supply. You can get them for $13 on amazon.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Conve.../dp/B078RY7BPL

You dont need to spend 180 on a controller to get one power supply. You can get them for $13 on amazon.

Great point. I can even get the correct connector at Fry's and plug them into my 24v Accessories on my 2nd EB832. Thanks a bunch, wasn't even thinking about that.

Great point. I can even get the correct connector at Fry's and plug them into my 24v Accessories on my 2nd EB832. Thanks a bunch, wasn't even thinking about that.
    The DC24 outputs do not supply nearly enough current.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The DC24 outputs do not supply nearly enough current.
    OK, thanks. I'll go with the $13 PS on Amazon.

You don't need an extra power supply. The power supply that comes with the advanced controller is designed for two gyres.

Also, the ICV6 and Syna-G app worked perfectly with my gyres on the first try. Although make sure your controller has current firmware first (which requires a microsd card.)

Frequent Visitor
    You don't need an extra power supply. The power supply that comes with the advanced controller is designed for two gyres.

Also, the ICV6 and Syna-G app worked perfectly with my gyres on the first try. Although make sure your controller has current firmware first (which requires a microsd card.)
    True, but I am not going to order one of the Gyre & Controllers, so I will need the Power Supplies.

True, but I am not going to order one of the Gyre & Controllers, so I will need the Power Supplies.

I see. This is what I thought you were going to do; sounded like a good plan to me.

So for now I will get the 2 Gyres and the Advanced Controller. Later on, I can decide between the 2 Modules (@$130 Each) or the ICV6 @$50, depending on if the Gyre/IOTA becomes a reality.

Frequent Visitor
    I see. This is what I thought you were going to do; sounded like a good plan to me.

I know, the plan changes by the minute, as new information becomes available. LOL. Thanks all for the help.

Regular Vistor
    You need-

Current-
    2x Pump only
    2x GIM (Gyre Interface Module)
    2x Power Supplies (or, 1x 4amp 24v Paul with a splitter)

or

IoTa
    1x Gyre w/ controller and psy
    1x Gyre pump only
    1x ICV6 (bridge between Advanced controller and network)

We just got our first shipment of GIMs for IceCap 1k and 3k. At this point, I’d get 2x IceCap 3ks (each including a power supply) and 2 GIMs for the cheapest way to get 2 Apex controlled pumps.

2x GIM $250
    2x IceCap 3k $320
    $570 total

Keep in mind, the GIM comes with a Y cable that can control 2 devices off a VARSPD port. But you can buy a advanced cable that allows for directional control as well speed. It’s the same cable as a Kessil.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Handegard View Post
    You need-

Current-
    2x Pump only
    2x GIM (Gyre Interface Module)
    2x Power Supplies
    (or, 1x 4amp 24v Paul with a splitter)

or

IoTa
    1x Gyre w/ controller and psy
    1x Gyre pump only
    1x ICV6 (bridge between Advanced controller and network)

We just got our first shipment of GIMs for IceCap 1k and 3k. At this point, I’d get 2x IceCap 3ks (each including a power supply) and 2 GIMs for the cheapest way to get 2 Apex controlled pumps.

2x GIM $250
    2x IceCap 3k $320
    $570 total

Keep in mind, the GIM comes with a Y cable that can control 2 devices off a VARSPD port. But you can buy a advanced cable that allows for directional control as well speed. It’s the same cable as a Kessil.

This is the option I went with. Orders placed. Thank you all for the help and guidance. I saved a chunk of change today because of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast