Thread: Can’t find Hydra HDs. 3 seperat apex’s

Regular Vistor

Can’t find Hydra HDs. 3 seperat apex’s

I tried to help 3 customers with Hydra HD setup today, and tried to set up the lights in our store too. Out of the 4, only one apex could find lights. There have been reboots, resets of lights, firmware checks, etc.

In the store I have various Hydra 52HD and 26HDs, all on firmware 2.2. All connected to WiFi, all working via MyAI. Nothing shows up in local, fusion, PC or cell number phone.

What am I missing?

Please see the Troubleshooting section of the IOTA AI User Guide. There are some things listed in there to look for.

Post details about each location’s network - most importantly, info about the router and/or WiFi system there.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    It was late so I left out details.

I don’t have router access to the customers I helped remotely, but the store has a Comcast Business gateway. The Apex is connected via WiFi.

RKPetersen got me going by suggesting I use a cat5 cord and turn off WiFi during discovery, which worked.

Thanks Randy!

You're welcome. Very glad it worked!

I based that suggestion after seeing Russ's idea for another user in a different thread. This suggests that Russ is right about certain routers not broadcasting a Hydra signal back out properly to other Wifi devices on the LAN (and the solution, or at least a workaround.)

New User
    Correct. Many routers will not re-broadcast multicast packets. This is because multicast packets can cause "broadcast storms" on a small local network and overwhelm the poor little router. Loading new software and firmware on your router (if capable) from DD-WRT open source routing software is a work around on some hardware.