Thread: Some assistance with AI Hydra 26HD Setup

Regular Vistor

Some assistance with AI Hydra 26HD Setup

I have three hydras over my tank. One parent, two children.
    In My AI. They are displayed via their serial numbers. So I know which is the parent from it’s serial number.

In Apex Fusion, they are displayed via their IP Adress.

How do I ascertain, which is the parent light?

Thanks in advance.

Some assistance with AI Hydra 26HD Setup

There are two ways -

- in My AI, select a light then you can see if it is a Parent or Child at the top of that page and that light’s IP address at the bottom.

- using the IP address shown in the Apex, type that into your browser to to go the web page of the light. Parent/Child info is at the top of that light’s web page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    - using the IP address shown in the Apex, type that into your browser to to go the web page of the light. Parent/Child info is at the top of that light’s web page.
    I just tried this with my Child lights (only the parent is controlled by Apex.) Entering either Child light's IP address gives me the Parent internal webpage; so the answer to OP's question should be answered regardless of which IP address is tried first.

Thanks, RK for that clarification!
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I there anyway to import the myAI schedule I am currently using to the IOTA device configuration in the Apex 2016 controller? I've been using a fairly complex routine for a couple of years with my Hydra 26HD's.

I have my current AI profile saved as an xml file. Can it be imported? Will the IOTA device use the profile that is currently running on the Hydra's?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by brentjwi View Post
    I there anyway to import the myAI schedule I am currently using to the IOTA device configuration in the Apex 2016 controller? I've been using a fairly complex routine for a couple of years with my Hydra 26HD's.

Thanks in advance.
    There is no import capability. The Apex will not use a schedule on the light; you need to create one using APEX Local or APEX Fusion.

Please do not hijack someone else's thread with something that is not directly pertinent to that thread; in this case, the thread is about identifying Parent & Child light, and your question is not. It's better to start a new thread.

New User
    FYI it shows you the parent lights IP address if you go to https://my.aquaillumination.com from the computer

Regular Vistor
    Great thread. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    OK so ... Im just trying this as I didnt even know I could do this until i stumbled upon it in a video. So im trying to set it up. Im MyAI app everything is setup and works perfectly. Both lights and Apex are connected to the same WiFi. So I went into task and tried to load an IoTa device but nothing pops up. I know on the video there was some info about modems that may not be able to do this. I have a Comcast modem do I need to buy a new modem for just this?