Thread: Apex Control of AI Prime and Hydra HD lights

Apex Control of AI Prime and Hydra HD lights

A significant update to APEX Fusion was made and a new version of AOS was released on 7/31/18. This update combined includes the ability to control the these models of AquaIllumination LED lighting for marine aquariums: Prime, Prime HD, Hydra 26HD and Hydra 52HD lights.

The Prime Freshwater and Prime Fuge models are not supported.

The newest AI models, the Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD, and Hydra 64HD are not supported. AquaIllumination made these lights so they only work with their myAI apps.

This capability is available with the two newest controllers: Apex and ApexEL. It is not available for Apex Classic models.

You can read more about the APEX Fusion and AOS updates using these links:

APEX Fusion July 2018 Update
    AOS 5.04_7A18 Announcement

This new feature requires AOS version 5.04_7A18 (or later) to be installed on the Apex or ApexEL. Refer to the IoTa-AI Prime and Hydra User Guide for full details about using the Apex to control compatible AI lights.

At this point in time, this feature is being made available to all as a public preview.[/INDENT]Please use this forum of all posts about using this new capability.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

An updated version of the IoTa-AI Prime and Hydra User Guide has been posted. Additionally, there is now a separate addendum to the Guide which lists network equipment for which compatibility or incompatibility is known.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.