Thread: WAV Magnet Mount

Frequent Visitor

WAV Magnet Mount

Here is my design for a mount/magnet holder to keep the WAV Magnets in place. This is handy when I clean my WAV Pumps. If your WAVs are on the back of your tank, like mine, it can be a pain to take the WAV pumps out to clean them. This holder keeps the (outside the tank) magnets in place while you clean the WAV pumps. Since the pumps are on the back wall, nobody sees these brackets, and I can remove the WAV Pumps, clean them, and put them back in place, without having to worry about the outside magent falling down behind the tank. I print in PLA (As no part of them touches the water in my tank) with supports.

There are 2 mounts and an extension. One mount holds the magnet in a way that the WAV can be mounted vertical (So that it can be adjusted up or down 20 degrees). The other mount holds the magnet so that the WAV can be mounted horizontally (So that it can be adjusted side to side 20 degrees). Print out the mount you want and the extension, and zip tie them together so that they hold the pump at the correct height.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Frequent Visitor
    Point of Clarification. These are not ONLY for when you clean your wave pumps. These stay in place at all times. I have installed these on the back of my tank, and love them. I re-read my previous post, and it made it sound as if I only use these when I clean the pumps. Sorry for any confusion.

Came across this by accident, and I'm glad I did. I was just thinking about rigging up something like this. I don't have a 3D printer, nor do I know someone who has one. Are you willing to make these and mail out? I may need a slight modification to fit the bracing on my tank. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

I set my tank up 14 years ago and made the mistake of putting it as close to the wall as I could get it, and it's also in a corner so access to the back is very limited. Tank is 6 ft so this has presented some problems over the years installing various equipment. These brackets might let me move my WAV's from the viewing side to the back.

Mickey