Thread: Stumbling out of the gate...

New User

Stumbling out of the gate...

New Apex user here. I have a lot of problems getting things going.

I hooked up the Apex to the EngeryBar turned things on. I original goal was to setup via WiFi. i connected to the Apex_### SSID and entered my WiFi information. It seems to reboot and goes back to the blue light like no WiFi has been setup. I did this cycle numerous times.

I decided to see if I could get things working "wired". I dragged and Ethernet cable across the room and plugged it in. I got an Orange light but could not find the device on my network. After a lot of troubleshooting I found out that the Apex is still on its default IP address (172.16.0.1). I switch my computer over to an address on that network and I can pull up the webpage on 172.16.01. It says that it is setup for DHCP but that is definitely not working. I am positive my DHCP server is working (I am typing from a device that has an IP from that DHCP server) but the Apex just does not pull and address. I switched the Apex to a static IP and I can access from the computers on my network. Some progress.

Just to get everything in order I tried to update the AOS to see if that cleared up any problems. It goes through the updated process and finishes up with an "updating web pages" message. But when you navigate back to the page it shows that an update is still available and I am running the older version. Strange.

I still cannot get the WiFi to work.

I have tried resetting the device.... paperclip in the hole for 30 seconds.

Does anyone have any thoughts on next steps? I have not been defeated like this an awhile.

-smak11

New User
    I heard back from Neptune support. I'm impressed by the that!

They were able to push me in the right direction. Apparently my WiFi password was too long for the Apex unit. I shortened it a bit and that seems to have cleared up all the issues.

Not sure how I feel about the solution... I realize I have a long password, 42 characters, but this is the first device where I have ever had an issue with the length of the password.

Off to learn what I can do with the Apex now.

Frequent Visitor
    Good to hear you got it going, but interesting that you had to shorten your wireless password... I have a 64 character password on my WIFI, but I use ethernet to connect the Apex for better reliability