Thread: Import .aip files?

New User

Import .aip files?

Is there a way to import .aip files? If not, is this a planned feature or is this something that isn't being considered?

New User
    I to would like to see this feature. I am hesitant to cut over to the new IoTa option for my Hydra 26 HD lights as I have been using a custom program for a couple of years with good success. Being able to have an import feature would be good for the adoption of the new feature plus allow persons using the IoTa feature to share profiles with each other. The AI lights allow that with the MyAi app.

New User
    Yep. I'd like to switch my lights over to the Apex but if I have to start over then I think I'll just stick with MyAI for now.

You can share Schemes created in APEX Fusion with other users, or just keep them private for your own later use.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    So I'm guessing there's no way to import .aip files or the raw xml? If that's the case then I personally think that's an oversight. A lot of people have complex light programs setup on MyAI. I'm one of them. I would like to switch over to having the Apex control the lights but it's just not worth it if I have to create the program from scratch.

Basically, I feel like controlling the Hydra HD lights via apex is a convenience feature. It's nice to be able to control everything from one interface. However, I haven't experienced any issues with MyAI and it honestly works quite well. If was easy to import my program into the Apex then it would be a no brainer but not worth the hassle otherwise.

Hopefully an import feature will be considered in the future. At the very least I feel like Neptune could make available some presets based on the AI Signature Series:
    http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

FWIW, there is no import capability for settings from the old AI Director, or for Ecotech Radions, from ReefLink.

The Apex uses a different paradigm than the OEMs for creating a schedule, regardless of the light type, be it old AI, newer AI, or Radion. Consequently it is not feasible to import settings which use each manufacturer's methodology. The Neptune way uses an overall intensity value for each schedule point in addition to configurable intensities for each color channel. This offers increased flexibility, including the ability to use a specific spectrum setting at different overall intensities at different times during the schedule without needing to individually proportionally adjust each color channel - the Apex does that for you. Also, the lighting schedule wizards in APEX Fusion and APEX Local have the same overall look and feel - they work the same way - from light type to light type, to the maximum extent possible, except where necessary differences exist, such as supporting the Hyperdrive capability of Prime HD and Hyda HD lights.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.