Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: ATK with a Kalk Stirrer

  1. #1
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86

    ATK with a Kalk Stirrer

    So I modified the ATK code slightly, to try to reduce the duration of each topoff, in order to not overdose the tank, however this code does not seem to work as expected and the ATK does not come on at all.

    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON
    OSC 040:00/000:01/139:58 Then ON
    If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 003:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
    If LEAKCB CLOSED Then OFF
    If pHe > 8.50 Then OFF

  2. #2
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86
    Ok after posting this I found the issue

  3. #3
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86

    ATK with a Kalk Stirrer

    Ok so obviously the issue here is the defer commands. However, I don’t know the solution yet, should I invert the OSC to off? Or just delete the defer commands?

  4. #4
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,017
    The OSC should be your first statement, and it should be on for much longer than 1 second. I would not recommend using OSC based code without a VO to detect when the switch has stayed open for several fills in a row.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Master Control Freak RussM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California - US Pacific
    Posts
    17,402
    OSC has both ON and OFF states, so it must be the first (or only) line in an output program. The Set OFF and If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON statements will simply be ignored. Your OSC doesn't make much sense to me for use in an ATO situation - it only turns on the pump for 1 second out of every 3 hours. But you have a 10-second Defer Then ON, so the output cannot ever turn on.

    Please tell us exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86

    ATK with a Kalk Stirrer

    Thanks! Very simple, the maximum duration of a topoff should be 8 seconds and it should not come On again for 3 hours...in no case

    (I had 1 second in the code for testing purposes)

  7. #7
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86

    ATK with a Kalk Stirrer

    Actually 1 gal per day is what I want. Assume the pmup flow rate is 100 gal per hour... and I want to distribute it equally through out the day...this of course is the maximum allowed duration/volume

  8. #8
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,017
    Once you factor in head loss and lost flow from the siphon break, the PMUP is actually gonna be more like 20 gph. I would do this

    Fallback OFF
    OSC 040:00/000:30/139:30 Then ON
    If Swx4_1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:02 Then ON
    Defer 000:02 Then OFF
    If LEAKCB CLOSED Then OFF
    If pHe > 8.50 Then OFF

    ATOstuck
    Set OFF
    If Swx4_1 OPEN Then ON
    Defer 540:00 Then ON

    Email
    If Output ATOstuck = ON Then ON



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86
    Excellent thank u

  10. #10
    Master Control Freak RussM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California - US Pacific
    Posts
    17,402
    zombie, why did you choose 540 minutes for the "stuck" time?
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

  11. #11
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,017
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    zombie, why did you choose 540 minutes for the "stuck" time?
    Three consecutive fills. It would probably be better to do hourly fills for like 15-20 seconds and have the stuck switch pick in 3 hours, but the OP specifically requested fills every 3 hours.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    NSI Member rkpetersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    624
    Here's the code I use to dispense about a gallon a day of RODI/kalk through a kalk reactor, for both the ATK Pmup as well as an inline solenoid present as a safeguard. It defers dosing if the high sensor is closed, which is rarely the case. At 11 seconds dosing every 30 minutes, the acute effect of each dose on pH and alk is very small. There are multiple timed email warnings for both high and low sensors, to keep me well informed of their status, of the type zombie described. For example, if the low sensor stays open too long, typically it means that evaporation is slightly greater than normal (as when using a cooling fan in the summer) and I need to add a bit of RODI water (not kalk) to the sump. It's not entirely perfect but works for me at present.

    Fallback OFF
    OSC 015:00/000:11/014:49 Then ON
    When On > 000:15 Then OFF
    If Sal < 33.0 Then OFF
    If pH > 8.35 Then OFF
    If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF
    If LeakRO CLOSED Then OFF
    If RODILo OPEN Then OFF
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF
    If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
    If Output LeakDetected = ON Then OFF

  13. #13
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,017
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Here's the code I use to dispense about a gallon a day of RODI/kalk through a kalk reactor, for both the ATK Pmup as well as an inline solenoid present as a safeguard. It defers dosing if the high sensor is closed, which is rarely the case. At 11 seconds dosing every 30 minutes, the acute effect of each dose on pH and alk is very small. There are multiple timed email warnings for both high and low sensors, to keep me well informed of their status, of the type zombie described. For example, if the low sensor stays open too long, typically it means that evaporation is slightly greater than normal (as when using a cooling fan in the summer) and I need to add a bit of RODI water (not kalk) to the sump. It's not entirely perfect but works for me at present.

    Fallback OFF
    OSC 015:00/000:11/014:49 Then ON
    When On > 000:15 Then OFF
    If Sal < 33.0 Then OFF
    If pH > 8.35 Then OFF
    If SumpHi CLOSED Then OFF
    If LeakRO CLOSED Then OFF
    If RODILo OPEN Then OFF
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF
    If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
    If Output LeakDetected = ON Then OFF
    Note your when statement serves no purpose as there is no instance it could ever trigger.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    NSI Member rkpetersen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    624
    I understand. It's only a safeguard against the pmup somehow staying in the on state for longer than intended. I realize that, were something like this to occur, the Apex might not detect the state and the pmup might not respond to the programming anyway.

  15. #15
    Frequent Contributor zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,017
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I understand. It's only a safeguard against the pmup somehow staying in the on state for longer than intended. I realize that, were something like this to occur, the Apex might not detect the state and the pmup might not respond to the programming anyway.
    Yep. The only thing it actually protects you against is if you decided to change your OSC timings and accidentally did something like writing 001:20 instead of 000:12 when you wanted to add an extra second.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Frequent Visitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    86
    Just posting to say zombies code worked perfectly...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •