Thread: Moon programming Not working after updating season table

Frequent Visitor

Moon programming Not working after updating season table

Hi I changed my season table to the sunrise and sunset and moonrise and moonset to a more local area. I am not sure why the moon is not turning on. I have my moon_light virtual outlet set to Auto. There is a profile for the moon and a programing line in my Radion light.

Here is my current setup- Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 10.30.45 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-08-05 at 10.30.36 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-08-05 at 10.32.19 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-08-05 at 10.32.51 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-08-05 at 10.31.42 PM.png

Check the Output log to see if the Moonlight VO is turning on and off at roughly 10PM and 9:30 AM respectively. I suspect that it is, as your programming looks fine.

Did you modify the LED_Moon profile, changing the intensities? I think your intensities are too low to work - for example, you have RB set to 3%, and the overall intensity at 30% at the end of the ramp - that is effectively only 0.9% (3% of 30%), which may be too low for the RB LEDs to light. And it's even worse for the Blue and Warm White colors - their effective intensity is only 0.3% max while the profile is active. TBH, I'm not sure about operating Radions at such low intensities, but other lights I have worked with more extensively do not work below 1% effective intensity.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Russ! Appreciate you looking things over. So the lights were off and just now at 23:06 as I was looking things over they came on. I think you are right- the intensities are too low. I'm going to up them and see how that works. I guess the log and lights only record coming on when the intensity that gets them on is reached? Odd that it came on at 23:06 when Moonrise was for around 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by cdavmd View Post
    Odd that it came on at 23:06 when Moonrise was for around 22:00.
    Nope, it's expected. The moonrise and moonset times in your season table are for the date of New Moon that month. The time of moonrise/moonset varies each day, and I didn't try to figure out what times rise and set would be today; that's why I said "roughly"
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    got it! Thanks again!