Thread: AI Prime not loading lighting schedule setup

Frequent Visitor

AI Prime not loading lighting schedule setup

Hello ! Well I tried to configure my AI PRIMES (PARENT IS HD the others ARE NON HD). So I can detect them all in the network, I select the prime as parent to be added. But when socket gets created (PRIMEHD_4_1) and I click the setup button to create the lighting schedule nothing happens... I can see the loading bar go all the way but I dont get any information or options displayed.

If I slide the option to ON all lights will turn, I if do to OFF all will go OFF... but there is no setup.

I dont know what could be happening.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Regular Vistor
    Same problem, everything seems ok but went i try to setup the prime light it don't open. The blue beach ball just keep rolling and nothing happen

Try forcing a reload of the web page. Press Control (Ctrl) and F5 button at the same time (Windows). Or, if you are using a Mac - Apple + R or Cmd + R.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I did the forcing page and i empty the cache and still the same

Frequent Visitor
    seems that if you have an HD version as parent and NON HD version as child it wont load the lighting options.

I fix it by resetting all lights and make them all parents. In the apex I install each individually and I got it to work. Not the best way but works for now...

Frequent Visitor
    Also if you preview your lighting schedule. It will mess up everything that is time dependent. So for example if you have a sump light with this code:
    Fallback ON
    Set OFF
    If Time 11:00 to 18:00 Then ON

You will see it turn on and off as the lighting preview is going...

Regular Vistor
    My prime light is on the parent, this is the only prime light that i have. The firmware is 2.2 as recommended on the installation documentation . I did delete et reinstall a couple time. The on and off work, but the setup don't want to open.

Frequent Visitor
    Delete the light and the schedule from the myAi app.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    seems that if you have an HD version as parent and NON HD version as child it wont load the lighting options.

I fix it by resetting all lights and make them all parents. In the apex I install each individually and I got it to work. Not the best way but works for now...
    Interesting. Good find! I'll try to duplicate that w/ my lights.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Also please check the preview bug. It will mess anything that time related or tied to a specific time schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanchez View Post
    Also please check the preview bug. It will mess anything that time related or tied to a specific time schedule.

That is not bug. It works that way for all of the advanced wizards which have a full schedule preview.

As an alternative, If you use the schedule point preview, it will only change the lights to use that particular point’s spectrum and intensity for a brief period so you can see it.

Frequent Visitor
    well its not that intuitive. I would approach the play icon before anything else. But thanks for the help !

Regular Vistor
    Hello guys,

did everything that Russel said Sanchez to get access to the prime schedule not working still having the beachball running. My prime is set to parent and i can't put it to child. I upload the apex connexion everything seems ok.prime.jpeg

New User
    I'm having the same problem with AI Hydra 26 HD's.

I added the parent, I can turn it on and off through the dashboard but when I try setup a schedule by clicking the gear icon on the dashboard, it takes me to a new screen, I get the status bar across the top, it gets to the far right hand side of the top of the screen (95%) and then stops. I let it sit for a few hours, nothing. I refreshed the page in Fusion, removed the Hydra, added it again, nothing seems to get it to work properly.

New User
    OK, so working with support they pointed me in the right direction. We tried a few things that didn't work and then they suggested I add each light as a parent. Prior to that, I had 1 parent and 3 children.

I really didn't want 4 individually controlled lights at this time (that will probably change in the future as I start stocking the tank) so I wanted something simple.

Here's what I did.

I removed the 3 children in the AI app and left the parent.
    I deleted the IOTA module and added it again using just the parent light in Apex Local.
    Still in Apex Local, from the dashboard, I verified I could click on the gear icon for the Hydra light and make adjustments, it worked. (before I just got the status bar across the top of the page that never completed and the spinning blue wheel for a cursor)

I then went back into the AI app and ran a scan, it detected the 3 children again
    In the AI app, I connected the 3 children to the 1 parent light, once connected, I closed the AI app.
    I went back into Apex Local, clicked on the gear icon again and configured a new light profile using custom settings, uploaded them to the EL and went back to the dashboard.

I put the Hydra on the dashboard into Auto and it appears to be controlling all 4 AI Hydra lights correctly.