Thread: Outlet sticks on

New User

Outlet sticks on

Had an interesting problem with connecting a small air pump to my outlet. I can turn the air pump on with programming or with manual control. However, I'm unable to get the air pump to turn off. I can move the outlet to the OFF state and it does show off but the power is still on the outlet. I can plug a light into the outlet instead of the small air pump and it turns on and off correctly.

I've tried this small air pump in another outlet on my 8 outlet energy bar, but it does the same thing - I can turn it on but can never turn it off.

If I unplug the air pump with it running (but with state shown as off), it does appear to reset as I can plug the air pump back in and it is off.

This small air pump is an AquaCulture air pump (3.5 watts). Really small.

New User
    Found problem. The outlets that I was using to control the small air pump was a TRIAC outlet type. These outlets can not handle small loads and are known to stick in the ON state with loads <5 watts.. I moved the air pump to a relay driven outlet ( Number 4 or 8) and everything works.