Thread: AI Prime LED mount

Frequent Visitor

AI Prime LED mount

I got a freshwater AI Prime today and designed a bracket to hang it from a piece of 80/20. Initial prototype looks promising. I get the 80/20 later this week and once I get it put together and prices it works I will post the file.

Frequent Visitor
    You can find out more and download the files from here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3050017
    I am really happy with how it turned out and how cheap this project ended up being (minus the $400 in new lights).

923c2041616370b7336aace4ec8f7f90_preview_featured.jpg

Hydroponics Guy
    Looks awesome. Do you use your 3D printer a lot? I'm one the fence about getting one.

Frequent Visitor
    I have used it a bunch! I usually print 1-2 things a week. You can download files online from places like thingiverse.com but most of what I print are custom made fixtures that I design in SolidWorks.
    There are some inexpensive sub $400 printers out there that might be worth considering. I jumped head in and got a Full featured machine that I have been very pleased with.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanderson234 View Post
    Looks awesome. Do you use your 3D printer a lot? I'm one the fence about getting one.
    Think about what you want to print. If you just want a few things it will be less expensive to jave someone print them for you. Are the existing designs available to download? If not have you ever done any 3D design work? I bought a ultimaker 2+ used at a good price. It is easy to use and i am glad I did not get a kit. There is a lot to learn to 3D print your own design. I have printed a few things I downloaded and modified a few( mostly resizing) to suit my needs better. I jave designed and manufactured a lot of different products in the past. So far I have not mastered 3D design software. It has been rather frustrating so far. I have to find more time to learn them. Can't really say I have gotten my money worth out of mine yet.