Thread: AI Hydra 52 Leds

AI Hydra 52 Leds

I guess I screwed up. I updated my ai leds and setup everything to be controlled by Apex. Instructions stated not to use the ai site to control lights anymore so I just left everything setup as it was however I went back to check what my light settings were and in doing so I must have made it were the ai site controls the lights again. I didn't think I did anything but view the settings. How do I fix it so the Apex controls everything. Right now it's like my light settings keep changing back and forth between ai site and Apex settings.

I decided to try and delete the light settings in ai site but all that did is cause my lights to go on and off.

You may have switched the light(s) to Auto in MyAI or or the light's web page. Check - put it/them in Manual mode. The Apex does that for you when the lights are first attached and each time after the Apex restarts if it was rebooted or lost power, but if you later put them in Auto, and you have a schedule in My AI, MyAI and the Apex will both be controlling the light.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

that did the trick. thx Russ

New User
    RussM do you think you could help me with my hydra 52 HD? I have posted a few places in hopes of finding some help. I have 2 52 HD lights and I would like to control them through my apex so I can fine tune them with the apex par meter. I say this like I know what I am talking about but really I have no idea what I am doing. I just know my lights need adjusting so that everything gets the lighting it needs to grow and be happy. I mainly have zoas but I also have acans and chalices. I a very new to this as you can tell, I am also trying to learn have to have my Vortex MP10s fine tune also with apex. I like when the colors pop but I know they need the other colors to grow a be happy, trying to put everything where they wont burn, bleach or anything else that makes them unhappy (yes I talk to them too, dont judge) lol anything you or anyone else can do to help short of coming over and teaching me how to fine tune my tank would be great. Thanks again and sorry for butting in.