Thread: Cannot connect to dashboard

New User

Cannot connect to dashboard

I bought a classic to use as a backup and have been working through the sticky for cloning. I got the ip address from the my display connected to the backup. It is 192.168.0.254 I have the ethernet cable connected and getting both yellow and green lights. Dhcp is off. The http port says 8011. I have tried the above ip and also 192.168.0.254:8011 and nothing will connect. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Jeff

Are those the same values that you used for your other apex? If so that's why as you cant have two devices on the network with the same ip address.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    No the up and running apex has a totally different ip address and it is working fine.
    thanks
    jeff

Do your other IP settings match the other apex (gateway, subnet, DNS)?

Did you change the hostname to something different than the other apex?

Have you cleared your browser cache?

Is the new unit up to date on firmware and webpages?

Can the apex browse utility see the new apex?

New User
    I checked and both ip setting are different other then the first 2 set of numbers are the same as in 192.168. I changed the name on the new controller, cleared the cache, the guy I purchased it from said it was updated to the newest version of firmware and I just ran the browse utility and it finds both controllers but when I highlight and try and connect to the new one I always still get the site is unavailable message.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jjoos99 View Post
    I checked and both ip setting are different other then the first 2 set of numbers are the same as in 192.168. I changed the name on the new controller, cleared the cache, the guy I purchased it from said it was updated to the newest version of firmware and I just ran the browse utility and it finds both controllers but when I highlight and try and connect to the new one I always still get the site is unavailable message.
    Jeff
    That's your problem then. Enable DHCP and reboot so the apex can automatically get the correct gateway and other settings. Then if you want a static ip for it, disable DHCP and change the last octet of the IP address and reboot again.

New User
    Getting closer. I did as you mentioned and the ip address did indeed change and it now has updated the time and date and shows that fusion communication is ok. If I open fusion on my pc it doesnt show the second controller and the new ip address will still not open. It is now 192.186.1.29
    thanks
    Jeff

Change your port to 80 or you need to include the port number to access the classic dashboard. I assume 192.186.... was a typo and you meant 192.168....?

It should not be showing Fusion OK. It should be showing Link, not OK, on the display. That Apex is probably still linked to the previous owner’s APEX Fusion account. Please refer to this sticky:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...m-Someone-Else
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Ok I got to the username and password screen but wont take the admin and 1234. If the fusion communication is ok why doesnt it show up in my fusion screen? Im not getting a key to enter to link it to fusion. Thanks for all the help. I am a complete idiot with this stuff.
    Jeff

New User
    Your guys are great!! I now have it linked to my fusion account and am able to access classic dashboard. I think I can figure it from here hopefully.
    thanks a million
    Jeff

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoos99 View Post
    Your guys are great!! I now have it linked to my fusion account and am able to access classic dashboard. I think I can figure it from here hopefully.
    thanks a million
    Jeff
    Please tell me how? I recently changed ISPs & reset everything, DHCP on now; but still cannot connect to original dashboard on Chrome or Edge. Fusion is ok & visible.
    Ian~

Quote Originally Posted by input80 View Post
    Please tell me how? I recently changed ISPs & reset everything, DHCP on now; but still cannot connect to original dashboard on Chrome or Edge. Fusion is ok & visible.
    Is it hanging or giving a 404.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Is it hanging or giving a 404.

Thx for the quick reply zombie, just hanging, screen flashes & just blanks out the entries
    Ian~

Thx for the quick reply zombie, just hanging, screen flashes & just blanks out the entries
    Then that is probably a webpages firmware issue. I would update your firmware and webpages and see if it stops hanging.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, thank you, never had this issue with other ISP. Will try that
    Ian~

Regular Vistor
    Login unsuccessful, check user name and password.
    trying to update firmware? I have never changed these from default, still the same on the display
    Ian~

Regular Vistor
    Got it to update, firmware & web pages then this error: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."
    Ian~

Got it to update, firmware & web pages then this error: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."
    You got that error during the webpage update or after a successful one when you tried logging in? If the latter, clear your browser cache.

Regular Vistor
    I got it during the webpage update,,,, calling my ISP now
    Ian~

The ISP will not be able to help you.

401 is an authentication error... the username and/or password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the Apex's username and password, not your Apex Fusion credentials. Did you try the defaults (admin / 1234)? Do you have a display module? if so, you can verify that you have the correct username and password by going through the display's menu system.

Press the center button, use the down arrow to scroll to Net Setup Then press the center button and then scroll down to Admin Login to see the username. The password is the next one item listed after Admin Login
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you RussM, Yes, i have the display module, but the screen appears to be glitchy. I'm fairly confident that I'm using the default values (never changed them, that I recall). Is there any other way to verify this (on my pc) incase I changed the info through the display module?
    Ian~

Thank you RussM, Yes, i have the display module, but the screen appears to be glitchy. I'm fairly confident that I'm using the default values (never changed them, that I recall). Is there any other way to verify this (on my pc) incase I changed the info through the display module?
    The only way to verify on a PC is in the classic dashboard which you can't access right now so it's a moot point. Verify from the display.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you, so worst case scenario is to replace the display module?
    Gotta head out for a bit, will check back in.
    Ian~

Regular Vistor
    Thank you everyone, I finally got it to work, everything is good now. I opened the display & blew into it lightly, seemed to have sticky buttons
    Ian~